Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jobs, Where are they?

It was Reagan's proposal. Clinton had no other choice but to sign it down the road after he was elected.

I see....Reagan 81-89....clinton 93-2000.....nice gap...ever hear of a veto?
Clinton while signing the NAFTA bill stated that "NAFTA means jobs. American jobs, and good-paying American jobs. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't support this agreement."

Last edited:
I see....Reagan 81-89....clinton 93-2000.....nice gap...ever hear of a veto?
Clinton while signing the NAFTA bill stated that "NAFTA means jobs. American jobs, and good-paying American jobs. If I didn't believe that, I wouldn't support this agreement."

A vito doesn't mean jack shit when republicans can still push it through congress.

when the Dems had super majorities in both chambers...ouch...egg on your face

Bush I was going to sign NAFTA too.

As was H. Ross Perot.

So you really can't point that finger at the Hillbilly without making your side look just as bad.

As was H. Ross Perot.

So you really can't point that finger at the Hillbilly without making your side look just as bad.

your...... u r.........you're right, it was a bi...but could have been stopped by the dems

Last edited:

As was H. Ross Perot.

I thought Perot said there's be a giant sucking sound if NAFTA was signed. Being opposed to NAFTA was one of his main positions.

I thought Perot said there's be a giant sucking sound if NAFTA was signed. Being opposed to NAFTA was one of his main positions.

I believe they all said NAFTA would cost jobs at first, but create jobs in the long run.

I'll have to look into Perot, but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing them all say NAFTA was going to happen no matter who was elected.

It seems you're right, Perot wanted to re-write NAFTA.

Last edited:
I see, you're right, I wasn't looking a local govs. Surprising that that kind of stat is shared only by Regan and Obama. I don't really have anything against big state governments in states that can afford and vote for it.

two different economies...Reagan's going up....Barry's in a vertical nose dive

Back