Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Joel Zumaya?

image006.jpg

One about this big. No worries, though.

But I do wonder when Prince Fielder is going to sign with an MLB team? Spring training is approaching.

drivergreg said:
http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/_/id/6392/joel-zumaya

What rock have I been under to not have known that Zumaya's now with the Twins?

This one?

_hidesunderrock_.gif

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]That is a one big rocK!!!!

That's no rock...

It's C.C. Sabathia sunbathing in the nude.

He won't make it through April. He's like the relief pitcher version of Mark Prior.

cmlfactor said:
He won't make it through April. He's like the relief pitcher version of Mark Prior.

I thought that guy was going to be the next coming of Nolan Ryan or Roger Clemens ... yeah...................

That was never going to happen since Zumaya is not a starter like those two others you mentioned.

;;--))

Zumaya was a starter in the minors and there was talk as I recall of making him one as a Tiger. Ironically, his last appearance on the mound as a Tiger was against the Twins, with Delmon Young at bat.

smayschmouthfootball said:
Zumaya was a starter in the minors and there was talk as I recall of making him one as a Tiger. Ironically, his last appearance on the mound as a Tiger was against the Twins, with Delmon Young at bat.

Ah. Didn't hear of Zumaya until he came up to the ML club.

Zumaya Burns Hand: Joel Zumaya's arm was treated for burns on his pitching hand. While attending Glen Perkins' meat smoking tutorial in the concourse, he reached through the grill to grab burning coals as Perkins had his back turned. When asked why he reached for the orange, glowing coals, Zumaya sighed and answered: "I don't even know anymore."

FYI, this is just satire. Great post though from twinkstown

Still really don't believe that Zumaya injured his shoulder while frantically trying to remove cherished MLB mementos from his dad's attic in advance of an approaching wildfire in SoCal. He would have had to be perfectly positioned for a heavy box on top of a stack of boxes to fall and hit ONLY his shoulder, and the box would have had to fall from quite a sufficient distance to cause that severe of an injury. Not to mention that Joel would have to not noticed the box falling to begin with.

Wow! No rock for me but I did just get back from beneath the Pacific Ocean. Sucks to lose Zumaya to the Twinkies but Dotel should help the pen and I can not freaking believe that we signed Fat Daddy's kid! Can't wait for baseball!

Geez, that didn't take long for Zoom....
http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120225&content_id=26856730&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb
Zumaya exits early with elbow discomfort.
New Twins reliever throws just 13 pitches, will have MRI Sunday.
from mlb.com

For Zumaya, the best-case scenario would be that he broke up scar tissue in his elbow, but the worst-case scenario would be that he could need Tommy John surgery, which he's never had before.

Zumaya, facing live hitters for the first time this spring, exited his bullpen session after 13 pitches and walked off the field with head trainer Rick McWane.
He was on track to make his return with Detroit last year, but had to undergo follow-up surgery to replace the screw in his elbow after complaining of elbow pain last spring.
GM terry ryan indicated that this injury is unrelated to his previous elbow problems.
"He broke his arm before," Ryan said. "It's a different situation."

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2012/02/report_ex-tigers_reliever_joel.html
Ex-Tigers reliever Joel Zumaya injures elbow in Minnesota Twins' throwing session.
from Mlive

I feel bad for him. He's got a world of raw talent, but his arm just can't hold together. It's a shame.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
onlooker says that there was an audible pop when Scott Sizemore hurt knee during fielding drill.
http://www.freep.com/article/20120225/SPORTS02/120225021/oakland-athletics-scott-sizemore
Ex-Tiger Scott Sizemore suffers apparent knee injury in Athletics camp.
freep

Speaking of Sizemore, looks like the Tribe's CFer, Grady Sizemore is going to be on the DL once again and might miss not only ST, but the start of the regular season as well...talk about being injury snakebit, just like ex-Tiger Zumaya

Cleveland Indians' Grady Sizemore likely to miss Opening Day with lower back strain

Back