Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Joique Bell cut, signs with + gets cut by bears, re-signs with Lions

Joique does have the wheels anymore. I would rather have a young big back. Look in the late rounds of the draft.

Joique does have the wheels anymore. I would rather have a young big back. Look in the late rounds of the draft.

Yeah. I wonder if they want to kick the tires on Zenner as well. He runs tough and is faster than Bell.

Little surprised by this one.

I know he's a hometown hero but he's a 30 year old back coming off back to back injury plagued seasons and he never averaged more than 4 ypc. When guys like Forte are being told their services are no longer needed this seems like a pretty obvious move to me. And I like Joique.

I figured this would happen. Frees up 2.5 mil in cap. Riddick is going to see a lot more touches. Got to get that OLine straight.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I figured this would happen. Frees up 2.5 mil in cap. Riddick is going to see a lot more touches. Got to get that OLine straight.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Take Bells money and extend Riddick

I know he's a hometown hero but he's a 30 year old back coming off back to back injury plagued seasons and he never averaged more than 4 ypc. When guys like Forte are being told their services are no longer needed this seems like a pretty obvious move to me. And I like Joique.

I liked bell and think he was great when fully healthy, look forward to riddick getting more time as well, riddick makes people miss with the best of them, will also need a replacement thumper type back in place of bell though also IMO

I also think Quinn has a 'plan' and will work on implementing it, but I dont think this move is really any indication of said plan. Cutting Bell was a no brainer; which is probably why he did it literally as soon as he could.

Cutting Tulloch is also a pretty easy decision. I love the guy, but he is not the same player he was before his injury, and he cost nothing against the cap if hes cut this season. Id love to keep him on as a coach, as I think hes a good leader/clubhouse guy, but his time playing LBer in Honolulu blue is over.

Ihedigbo is gone too. Heard that on my drive in this morning.

Quinn must be a member of this forum......so far he's listened to the masses here.

Cut the guys not performing to their contract.....JI, Bell, Tulloch. Hopefully, Pettigrew is next!

If they cut Pettigrew, which TE is going to actually catch passes?

He finished year 2 of a 2-year contract...and wanted too much green.

Edit...meant to reply to king's 8:19 a.m. comment.

Last edited:

You mean see targets?? Because none of them can catch a fuckin thing!

Edit: Rams just cut Jared Cook......I'd take him in a fucking heartbeat.

Last edited:

The other TEs on this roster make Jared Cook look like Shannon Sharpe.

Lions now have $34 mil in cap space. Quinn to remake the team with his vision.

5 drops @ 70 targets....blah. His drops are way overblown. I seen a kid who at least stepped up his game and improved on his rookie year. We need this kid more than ever now if CJ walks.

And you will get Cook cheap if they plan on doing that. A combo of Cook and Ebron could be interesting. Only problem with that is that they don't block very well. Can't see it, but they need to replace that big body somehow.

Back