Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Josh Hamilton has relasped

I have lost my job as Josh Hamilton's life coach. That's ok. Gary Busey called and offered me a job.

[color=#551A8B said:
TinselWolverine[/color]]He is doing a presser now, saying he had about 3 or 4 drinks.

Too much is being made of this maybe.

If he can have 3 or 4 drinks and stop, and not drink the next day, maybe he's cured.

Sometimes the 12 step shit is a little extreme.

You have personal experience of these...extremities?

It's good to see he admitted this to everyone and is aware he could relapse at any point.. I have to say he handled this situation as well as anyone could..

tycobb420 said:
I have lost my job as Josh Hamilton's life coach. That's ok. Gary Busey called and offered me a job.

Hope that it pays well, b/c you would certainly be earning every dime of it...dlol.

The booze makes him wander on to the hard stuff like the coke and the heroin. Or any hardcore drug he was doing. That's the problem with him drinking. It's usually that way with every addict. So, having 2-3 drinks is a terrible thing for him...it leads to the BAD stuff.

tonyballs said:
The booze makes him wander on to the hard stuff like the coke and the heroin. Or any hardcore drug he was doing. That's the problem with him drinking. It's usually that way with every addict. So, having 2-3 drinks is a terrible thing for him...it leads to the BAD stuff.

Yup. Being able to handle it this time probably makes him think he can do it again down the road and be ok. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way for a hardcore addict.

tonyballs said:

He had a few drinks, he didn't sodomize a busload of Nuns.

Seriously, he's made mistakes, and he's paid for them.

He acknowledged what he did was a mistake, he does not need to be crucified for it.

And there is a big difference from walking into a bar and have a few drinks, than him seeking narcotics, one does not necessarily lead to the other.

MI_Thumb said:
tonyballs said:

He acknowledged what he did was a mistake, he does not need to be crucified for it.

And there is a big difference from walking into a bar and have a few drinks, than him seeking narcotics, one does not necessarily lead to the other.

They don't necessarily lead to the other for everybody, but it has happened multiple times for Josh Hamilton.

But yeah, he has handled the situation very well, and he has already said he was getting involved with some help and has continued to pass the drug tests. Fortunately, he has been very mature about this and this story has pretty much died out after just a few days.

MI_Thumb said:
tonyballs said:

Who the fuck said anything about raping nuns? You obviously don't get it. Nobody is crucifying the kid. Well, not me anyways. Its in his fn contract that he gets tested often. Don't quote me on that because i don't know the full details on it. Maybe somebody can find it, i know i read something about it. Plus, the guy has been babysat in the past because of his addictions and he used to give his gamecheques to his handler. So, don't sit there and tell me it's not that big of a deal. And you're high if you don't think booze can lead to other drugs. He's admitted it in the past that alcohol has made him wander and looking for the hardcore stuff. He admits it's a struggle everyday.

He probably is not an alcoholic. Worse, he probably goes to AA meetings when he should be going to NA. Will alcohol lead him to narcotics? No, if he is gonna use dope, he is gonna use it. I think he should retire and focus on his life.

AA is a dumping ground for the court system. Drug addicts show up at AA and say their an alcoholic, talk about shit that real drunks know nothing about and disrupt meetings. Drug addicts do not want to go to NA because they might have to deal with their real problem, DRUGS. That is the reality of it.

Alcohol is a problem because many people make poor choices when they drink. I'm willing to bet a pretty penny that Josh falls into that category even if he's not an alcoholic. He's not able to casually drink. And his past actions show that he is not able to casually do anything. It will absolutely lead him to drugs. The good news is that he knows it.

And yes, he's handling this situation very well.

jdeb said:
He probably is not an alcoholic. Worse, he probably goes to AA meetings when he should be going to NA. Will alcohol lead him to narcotics? No, if he is gonna use dope, he is gonna use it. I think he should retire and focus on his life.

AA is a dumping ground for the court system. Drug addicts show up at AA and say their an alcoholic, talk about shit that real drunks know nothing about and disrupt meetings. Drug addicts do not want to go to NA because they might have to deal with their real problem, DRUGS. That is the reality of it.

Addicts make BAD decisions and when you mix in the booze, they get worse. Alcohol CAN lead up to drugs. Trust me, i know...lol.

so what he gets swazzled....like some ex MLB players he'll probably end up at MGM Grand in Reno signing autographs for rent money.

Back