Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Josh Smith absolutely HAS to go.

xer0

Last season he was one of the worst shooters in NBA History, he's taking it to a whole new level of suck this year.

He's 6 foot 9 and he's shooting .365 FG%, .235% 3pt%, .476 FT%. Wow, I didn't think it was even possible to suck that bad. To top it off, this horribly inefficient player is leading the team in FGA, taking almost 16 shots a game! WTF.

This team is laughably atrocious, only players that are contributing are Monroe (no surprise there, contract year) and Jennings. Drummond has been getting alot of touches down low and it's not working, he just has no touch offensively, he's not getting easy dunks anymore so offense is hard to come by for him, he's barely shooting over 40% FG's, I just don't think he'll ever be a back to the basket player. KCP is shooting 35%, very inconsistent player and not starting caliber at the 2 imo. DJ Augustine after playing great for CHI last year has all of a sudden forgot how to shoot 3's and FT's. They should look a bit better when Meeks and Martin come back but this is still a really bad roster, one of the worst in the league. They are 29th in FT and FG%, 29th in TS% at 49.6, 26th in PPG. They are terrible offensively.

I really hope we can land a top 3 pick because I think that's what it's going to take to get this team back on track, there's nobody on this team you can build around and they have no go-to player, and don't move the ball well enough as a team to make up for those things, they have been in a bunch of games this year and just end up losing because the execution at both ends is downright awful in Q4, they get worse as time goes on in the 4th. I just don't think I can continue to watch this product anymore, it's a joke.

it's funny. If he actually stopped taking jumpshots, he'd still be a really good player.

Yeah it is sad. I so want the Pistons to be good again but alas. I have already tuned them out.. Thanks for the update though..

I THOUGHT that Drummond was a player that the Pistons could "build around" but I am starting to think that he is just another decent big man. Smith is garbage!

I want the Pistons (and NBA for that matter) to be relevant again, but the product just stinks now. The Pistons (and NBA) became unwatchable for me in about '08. The bulk of the regular season doesn't matter, and you can tune out until the last minute or so of a game which then becomes a boring game of P-I-G from the stripe mixed with a bunch of timeouts to decide the outcome. The players are soft, the whistles are too frequent, and there are a bunch of teams and players who shouldn't even exist. Then there's all the outside crap from ESPN sucking LeBron's dick every five seconds, the unexplainable luck which happens to find certain organizations in the draft, and so on. I, and a lot of other fans, have just stopped caring. It's a damn shame that it's that way, but it just is.

I want the Pistons (and NBA for that matter) to be relevant again, but the product just stinks now. The Pistons (and NBA) became unwatchable for me in about '08. The bulk of the regular season doesn't matter, and you can tune out until the last minute or so of a game which then becomes a boring game of P-I-G from the stripe mixed with a bunch of timeouts to decide the outcome. The players are soft, the whistles are too frequent, and there are a bunch of teams and players who shouldn't even exist. Then there's all the outside crap from ESPN sucking LeBron's dick every five seconds, the unexplainable luck which happens to find certain organizations in the draft, and so on. I, and a lot of other fans, have just stopped caring. It's a damn shame that it's that way, but it just is.

Lebron is one of the few players worth watching. Basketball in general has gone downhill as far as I am concerned. NCAA is just as bad because the great players leave before they are ready and most of them play the same brand of "basketball" as the NBA.

Lebron is one of the few players worth watching. Basketball in general has gone downhill as far as I am concerned. NCAA is just as bad because the great players leave before they are ready and most of them play the same brand of "basketball" as the NBA.
Agreed, I like watching LeBron on the court but all the rest of the circus and unrelenting praise around him makes me hate him. The 24/7 sports news cycle just has a way of doing that though. I also resent Brady, Kobe, Jeter, Crosby, and most of the other superb athletes who get the same deity treatment.

NCAA basketball is freaking fantastic. Just take a look at what happened on Tuesday. You got 4 powers that played in two games, and that building was packed, loud, and intense. There is nothing like March Madness. I can watch any random ranked match up on ESPN, BTT, whatever network and enjoy.

It won't be long before NCAA mandates that players who go to college join for 3 years, or declare for the NBA/Europe.

As far as the Pistons go, they need to tank. Has to be done. No more finishing just below the playoffs, but not good enough to get ping pong balls. Gotta drop hard, finish in the bottom 3.

NCAA basketball is freaking fantastic. Just take a look at what happened on Tuesday. You got 4 powers that played in two games, and that building was packed, loud, and intense. There is nothing like March Madness. I can watch any random ranked match up on ESPN, BTT, whatever network and enjoy.

It won't be long before NCAA mandates that players who go to college join for 3 years, or declare for the NBA/Europe.

As far as the Pistons go, they need to tank. Has to be done. No more finishing just below the playoffs, but not good enough to get ping pong balls. Gotta drop hard, finish in the bottom 3.

oh yes...it was fantastic. Watching Kentucky's fantasy basketball team pound the 5th ranked team 72-40 was SO exciting! Then we got to watch Duke beat MSU...it will be so nice to get to watch those fantastic freshmen from Kentucky and Duke grow up together and become a NC contender in a few years...oh wait...they will all be gone next year.

Tom, the MSU v Duke game was a good game. It was back and forth.
Yeah, Kentucky smashed Kansas, but I had more fun watching that atmosphere and game of top programs rather than some crap ass NBA game.

You know what, so what that these kids leave? Why does it bother people so much? There will always be an inflow of elite talent that go to college.

The bottom line is that the NCAA game has so much more passion, rivalries, and the best playoff system in the entire history of sports. The NBA is so freaking drab.

Tom, the MSU v Duke game was a good game. It was back and forth.
Yeah, Kentucky smashed Kansas, but I had more fun watching that atmosphere and game of top programs rather than some crap ass NBA game.

You know what, so what that these kids leave? Why does it bother people so much? There will always be an inflow of elite talent that go to college.

The bottom line is that the NCAA game has so much more passion, rivalries, and the best playoff system in the entire history of sports. The NBA is so freaking drab.

I agree with you about the NBA. College basketball's post season is good but it takes away from the regular season. The regular season in college basketball is the most meaningless season in all sports. The post season is good but I think it is WAY too diluted.

Usually, the cream rises to the top in the NCAA tournament. After all the surprises, the best teams typically get to the Final Four more often than not. Stories like George Mason and VCU getting to the F4 happen once in a blue moon.

Too many crazy things can happen in a basketball game so the best team wins less often. Here are some seeds from the final 4 over the past several years.

2014 7,8
2013 4,4,9
2011 8,11
2010 5,5

Back