Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

JR Smith probably just cost the Cavs game 1

sggatecl

Detroit City FC
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
I don't have a link to the highlight yet. But I'll set the stage...

4 seconds left, tie game. George Hill misses the free throw, JR Smith gets the rebound and...dribbles it away from the basket and to half court because he thought they had the lead.

Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp. Warriors proceed to clown the Cavs in OT. I get the feeling he won't be on Lebron's next team.

JR is a giant dumb ass. It also doesn’t help that Hill misses the go-ahead free throw. The charge/block reverse call thing just before that was weird too. Sad LeBron has to play with this cast. An all time great playoff performance for nothing.

Cavs have to play perfect bball to beat GS and thats just not possible.

Last edited:
People can complain all they want about some questionable calls against the Cavs in the second half (the overturned charge call for example) but at the end of the day if George Hill makes a free throw and JR Smith doesn’t lose his marbles the officiating isn’t even a topic.

Now Smith is saying he knew the game was tied...even though you can clearly see him tell Lebron he thought they were ahead

People can complain all they want about some questionable calls against the Cavs in the second half (the overturned charge call for example) but at the end of the day if George Hill makes a free throw and JR Smith doesn’t lose his marbles the officiating isn’t even a topic.

Agree. It comes down to execution. Hill choked on the free throw and JR is a full on idiot. With just a speck of help, the story this morning is about LeBron delivering one of the all-time great playoff performances.

My guess is that the Cavs get rolled by 30 in game two. Maybe 40. The way game one ended rips the heart out of a team and Golden State will take advantage with glee. Going to be ugly for Cavs fans.

Last edited:
Vegas odds of JR being named series MVP were 500:1 yesterday. Wonder what they are today?

Now Smith is saying he knew the game was tied...even though you can clearly see him tell Lebron he thought they were ahead

jck.gif

Lebron with the Kobe special tonight, 33 points on 29 shots.

Durant meanwhile blows up in game 3 after stellar game 2. In line for another Finals MVP.

Lebron with the Kobe special tonight, 33 points on 29 shots.

Durant meanwhile blows up in game 3 after stellar game 2. In line for another Finals MVP.

yes...a poor shooting performance by Lebron last night. He shot 46.4% from the field. Kobe is a good comparison since his average shooting percentage for the regular season and the playoffs are both under 45%. Of course, Lebron had double-digit assists and rebounds (33/11/10). Still, a poor game by Lebron standards.

Once Durant went to GS, no chance.

Houston was a hamstring away. One of the more interesting plots over the summer will be whether LeBron can force himself to Houston. It's not nearly as simple as KD to GS, but it's doable and probably the smartest thing. Cleveland can't compete with GS, so sticking in the weaker east doesn't help anymore.

Houston was a hamstring away. One of the more interesting plots over the summer will be whether LeBron can force himself to Houston. It's not nearly as simple as KD to GS, but it's doable and probably the smartest thing. Cleveland can't compete with GS, so sticking in the weaker east doesn't help anymore.

I'll be surprised if Lebron ever leaves the East.

yes...a poor shooting performance by Lebron last night. He shot 46.4% from the field. Kobe is a good comparison since his average shooting percentage for the regular season and the playoffs are both under 45%. Of course, Lebron had double-digit assists and rebounds (33/11/10). Still, a poor game by Lebron standards.

33 points on 28 shots is not efficient. I didn't say he had a bad game, I thought he distributed the ball phenomenally. GSW weren't playing tough defense, as evidenced by his lack of trips to the free throw line (and with your eyes if you watched the game). He shouldn't have been below 50%. The 'GOAT' needs to do more.

Last edited:
33 points on 28 shots is not efficient. I didn't say he had a bad game, I thought he distributed the ball phenomenally. GSW weren't playing tough defense, as evidenced by his lack of trips to the free throw line (and with your eyes if you watched the game). He shouldn't have been below 50%. The 'GOAT' needs to do more.

I agree...he wasn't efficient. I don't think I said he was. He shot 55% from inside the arc but only 17% from 3. He only got to the free throw line 7 times. I watched the game. As much as he was driving (in traffic) he should have had more free throw attempts. He wasn't getting many calls...which I am fine with. Let them play. IIRC the Cavs had either 0 or 1 free throw attempts in the first half.

I agree...he wasn't efficient. I don't think I said he was. He shot 55% from inside the arc but only 17% from 3. He only got to the free throw line 7 times. I watched the game. As much as he was driving (in traffic) he should have had more free throw attempts. He wasn't getting many calls...which I am fine with. Let them play. IIRC the Cavs had either 0 or 1 free throw attempts in the first half.

I think a large part of his lack of free throw trips is how god damned strong he is. Players bounce off him, makes the contact look much weaker than it is.

My gut says Lebron goes to the Sixers. He wants an easy path to the Finals like he has his whole career. It’s basically them and Boston in the east going forwards.

Last edited:
My gut says Lebron goes to the Sixers. He wants an easy path to the Finals like he has his whole career. It?s basically them and Boston in the east going forwards.

I don't think Philly is a good fit for him. Other than Embiid, I don't see how he fits with Philly's other core players. Simmons and Fultz can't shoot at all, Redick and Saric can't defend. Philly is already overloaded at SF and PF. Covington takes a lot if threes and defends well, but he's not really a good shooter and he plays the same position as LeBron.

Philly certainly gets better with LeBron, but they don't really look like a legitimate challenger to golden state (or Houston). Houston is already built for a LeBron like presence. They have defenders, they have shooters, they have great coaching, and they have guys who can legitimately give LeBron a break without the offense falling apart.

At this point, LeBron is probably focused on rings. He's got a better chance at winning it all with Houston than Philly by a long shot.

Back