Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Justin Amash breaks with Republican Party

I think it’s the smart move at this point. He was very likely going to be primaried, like Joe Crowley, except probably not by some hot young crazy chick.

Speaking of whom, her Twitter buddy Joe Lieberman left the Democratic Party and managed to be reelected as an independent himself-so this could be the outcome for Amash.

He will get re-elected as a independent, and still vote 80-90 % conservative probably.

He will get re-elected as a independent, and still vote 80-90 % conservative probably.

I'll take an independent that votes 80% one way or the other over a Dem or Rep that votes 99% along party lines any day.

I think it?s the smart move at this point. He was very likely going to be primaried, like Joe Crowley, except probably not by some hot young crazy chick.

Speaking of whom, her Twitter buddy Joe Lieberman left the Democratic Party and managed to be reelected as an independent himself-so this could be the outcome for Amash.

the Lieberman situation was sketchy as hell though and basically signalled the end of his career. He became an "I" after he lost the primary. That wouldn't be the same thing for Amash, who is still popular with his constituents.

If I was a politician I would go Independent for sure. The freedom to vote how you feel and what you think is important.

If I was a politician I would go Independent for sure. The freedom to vote how you feel and what you think is important.

politicians are supposed to vote for their constituents, now for themselves. When you run you should be honest about how you feel and how you would vote for certain issues. They shouldn't be along party lines.

politicians are supposed to vote for their constituents, now for themselves. When you run you should be honest about how you feel and how you would vote for certain issues. They shouldn't be along party lines.

That's what I just said.

About constituents an Independent means independent. They vote for you so you choose rather than being told to. They vote because they like your ideas.

Last edited:
That's what I just said.

About constituents an Independent means independent. They vote for you so you choose rather than being told to. They vote because they like your ideas.

I thought you meant run as an independent...which means you would most likely never get elected

Back