Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Juwan Howard COY Awards

Wagner somehow not on the all-defensive team. We had the best defense in conference and had zero players voted to the all-defensive team. Wagner is just the most egregious.

Franz Wagner was the only player in the Big Ten to rank in the top 15 in blocks, steals and defensive rebounds per game. Wagner also ranked first in the Big Ten in defensive box plus-minus, first in defensive win shares and second in defensive rating. All of those are free stats. What were voters doing?

Last edited:
Best team in the league and only 2 2nd team all big 10

Wtf

They look pretty accurate. What uofm players are more more deserving of 1st or 2nd team honors than any of the players who got them? Duane Washington Jr has a better argument than anyone left out - you could make a case for him over Wagner or Wieskamp.

Just proves these guys play as a TEAM. Individual honors are not great because they play as a team. They are after the highest team award, a NCAA Championship. All individual awards pale in comparison.

They look pretty accurate. What uofm players are more more deserving of 1st or 2nd team honors than any of the players who got them? Duane Washington Jr has a better argument than anyone left out - you could make a case for him over Wagner or Wieskamp.

Thank you for your contribution

We were wondering what your opinion was on this subject

Thank you for your contribution

We were wondering what your opinion was on this subject

It was inspired by inciteful gems like this...

Best team in the league and only 2 2nd team all big 10

Wtf

I'm sure everyone was dying to read that opinion. Of course when asked who should have been honored that wasn't, it's better to respond like a third grader than actually make a case other than "wtf". Good job.

Last edited:
The Team, The Team, The Team. It won what can only be earned, rather than awarded.

I take full credit. Had Juwan not lived by me in SQ, 1991 ...he'd be nothing. It's all me. All of it.

sorry for that one time on the old ESPN boards when I gave you shit for defending the Fab 5.

the Fab 5 were and are good. I was wrong.

god, finally!! I have been waiting for that apology and your comeuppance about that, dude.

FAB5!!

well, mainly Juwan. B School grad, all around Great Guy ...career NBA player and ...all around GREAT GUY!!

it's all mainly Juwan, just a little Victors.

Just proves these guys play as a TEAM. Individual honors are not great because they play as a team. They are after the highest team award, a NCAA Championship. All individual awards pale in comparison.

They did play some very unselfish basketball. As Bo said "The Team, the Team, the Team". They seem to have embraced that philosophy. Individual honors are great, but the real prizes are being the B1G regular season champions (in their pocket), the B1G tournament Champions, and National Champions. Immortality! Take it! It's yours!

Back