Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Kawakami's Officially on Level 3 Meltdown Watch

erg57

Will be upgraded to level 4 if SF wins today....

Last edited:
Ian Rappoport started today with a tweet about how MICHIGAN officials in SF "hope" to land Jim Harbaugh.

Hell, local Denver sports radio is reporting JH -> UM as done

Ian Rappoport started today with a tweet about how MICHIGAN officials in SF "hope" to land Jim Harbaugh.

Hell, local Denver sports radio is reporting JH -> UM as done

I only have Rappoport on a severe backpedal watch. May be upgraded as day progresses.

Adam Shefter is coming off as Angry this morning on ESPNsucks NFL GameDay.

Adam Shefter is coming off as Angry this morning on ESPNsucks NFL GameDay.

lol, yeah I saw that. He was still in complete denial and reporting news that was like 3 days old. Still clinging onto the old Harbaugh to the NFL possibility.

Haha I was watching the nfl guys this morning talking about how the nfl guys hearts are always in the nfl...complete denial.

Jesus, now Bill Cowher on CBS pregame calls Harbaugh a job hopper and says, "wherever he goes, they'll be looking for a new coach in 4yrs.."

Really?? Because if I recall it's the 49'ers PUNTING him!!

Jesus, now Bill Cowher on CBS pregame calls Harbaugh a job hopper and says, "wherever he goes, they'll be looking for a new coach in 4yrs.."

Cowher still talks about football on TV?

I thought he was a full time cable guy now.

We knew that crap was coming. A month ago all the Michigan experts were saying that all the NFL guys who were saying "no chance he goes to Michigan" would switch to "no chance he sticks around more than 4 years".....and that's exactly what is happening.

That's a pretty out on a limb prediction.

Everybody knows that 9 out of 10 head coaches in college football and the NFL hold their jobs for 20 years or longer, once they're hired.

It was more the way he characterized JH as "it's in his DNA, some coaches are like that.." To which Harvard Alum James Brown replied, "The Larry Brown of football, huh?"

The 49'ers are making this possible for Michigan, it's not like Harbaugh said, "I'm out ...it's my thing, you know. Four years and on to another job..."

Last edited:
It was more the way he characterized JH as "it's in his DNA, some coaches are like that.." To which Harvard Alum James Brown replied, "The Larry Brown of football, huh?"

The 49'ers are making this possible for Michigan, it's not like Harbaugh said, "I'm out ...it's my thing, you know. Four years and on to another job..."

I need to call Cowher and have him explain to me how to work my VOD options on my TWC remote.

NFL talking heads are maybe THE dumbest and whorish of all sports-related talking heads. The Ray Rice thing, and now this put them in their own orbit far above everyone else... willing to say and do just about anything to please the league, no matter how self-contradictory, idiotic or shameless it makes them appear.

This IS quite an achievement. It takes a lot to be the dumbest, most whorish sports commenters on the block.

NFL talking heads are maybe THE dumbest and whorish of all sports-related talking heads. The Ray Rice thing, and now this put them in their own orbit far above everyone else... willing to say and do just about anything to please the league, no matter how self-contradictory, idiotic or shameless it makes them appear.

This IS quite an achievement. It takes a lot to be the dumbest, most whorish sports commenters on the block.

This. Exactly this.

Ive raised it to level 4 per the 49ers win. this will be in effect until about 6 p.m. On Tuesday

Kawakami had an OpEd this morning in which he properly ate crow; completely owned it and I respect him for that.

Unlikely the other talking heads will respond similarly.

Back