Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

King Felix: 7 years $175 million

David Price, Clayton Kershaw, and JV are all up soon. Felix set the ground floor price.

I never got why players have the need to be the top priced guy. Why 15m or 20m isn't good enough, they need 25m.

I never got why players have the need to be the top priced guy. Why 15m or 20m isn't good enough, they need 25m.

JV is ultra competitive. I would imagine that most top tier MLB players are that way. They all want to be #1.

I would be okay with $15-20 million but if you can get more money, do it. The more family members down the family tree that you can take care, the better.

JV is ultra competitive. I would imagine that most top tier MLB players are that way. They all want to be #1.

I would be okay with $15-20 million but if you can get more money, do it. The more family members down the family tree that you can take care, the better.

More money won't make people think he's number 1, we already know that. It just makes fans think they're jerks.

And I doubt these high priced players think about the family tree.

Last edited:
Both pitchers were still under contract for 2 more seasons. Felix is 3 years younger then Verlander however I don't believe Justin would sign basically a 3 years extension that in itself is not going to happen and that is basically what you are saying.

Felix's new deal voids the final 2 years\39.5m of his old deal and replaces it with a 7 years deal with a full no trade clause. He raised his salary in 2013 and 2014 from 19.5 and 20m to an annual 25m.

I would suspect Verlander to sign an extension instead of basically a new contract. 5 year 125m extension as you stated would have his grand total to 7 years 165m total.

Let's not forget in 2009 Verlander signed his 5/80 extension 2 weeks after Felix signed his 5/78 extension.

I think he wants to be the highest paid RH pitcher in all of baseball which honestly he should be and to do that it would at least take an extension of 5 years 140 million pushing his grand total to 7 years 180 million.

Hit the nose on the head here lmao.

Back