Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Konerko-Dunn vs Cabrera-Fielder

papacrick

The Whitesox are packing a potent punch in the middle of their order and I thought it would be fun to compare their 3-4 hitters with ours and see where they stand at this point in the season.

Konerko-Dunn: .317/.429/.626/1.055, 27 home runs, 70 RBI

Cabrera-Fielder: .310/.370/.490/.860, 16 home runs, 68 RBI

Looks like the big fellas are hanging in there average wise and run production, however, they are getting on base far less often and slugging well below where we'd expect them to be. The .860 OPS stands out considering Miggy is always at or near 1.000 and this has more to do with the huge decrease in walks for both guys. Right now the other duo looks considerabley better but I would like to think that will be different come the end of September. If not, we will probably be staring up at them in the standings and talking about what a huge disappointment this season was.

Those number are mostly Konerko, and while Dunn is having a much better year, still drops his average almost .100 points.

Konerko is either a freak, or knows what Bonds knew, his last season and this have been the best of his career.

Konerko is on another planet right now and there is really no explanation for why he is hitting his prime at age 36 when it's typically ten years prior to that. Dunn actually has the same amount of home runs as Miggy and Prince combined but his other numbers aren't too eye popping. Low average and high strike out totals but he does walk pretty often as well.

Konerko is on another planet right now and there is really no explanation for why he is hitting his prime at age 36 when it's typically ten years prior to that. Dunn actually has the same amount of home runs as Miggy and Prince combined but his other numbers aren't too eye popping. Low average and high strike out totals but he does walk pretty often as well.

He's hitting almost .400, that's beyond a players prime unless they're Ted Williams.

I heard yesterday that over his last 15 games he's hitting over .500

He's hitting almost .400, that's beyond a players prime unless they're Ted Williams.

I heard yesterday that over his last 15 games he's hitting over .500

That's ridiculous! So he's basically going 2 for 4 or 3 for 5 every single night this month. I'd say he has a chance to snag the MVP from Hamilton but Konerko is so under the radar he rarely ever gets any press. He put up MVP type numbers last year and I don't think he even got a vote.

That's ridiculous! So he's basically going 2 for 4 or 3 for 5 every single night this month. I'd say he has a chance to snag the MVP from Hamilton but Konerko is so under the radar he rarely ever gets any press. He put up MVP type numbers last year and I don't think he even got a vote.

It's not sustainable.

Nice burst/hot streak but no way any player in todays game hits .400 again for a season, certainly not Paul Konerko.

Back