Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

KVB

motorcitym

Am I the only one who's had enough of this guy? There's no way that he starts on any other teams roster in the NFL but he rarely gets rotated out of our lineup. For 13 weeks in a row, the team we played against, has done an end around to HIS side and gained at least a first down. The only team that didn't was TB. He also lines up at least 10 yards off the center, which leaves a gaping hole to his side EVERY TIME! I hope LoJack comes back soon 100% for our playoff push.

Its not KVBs fault where he lines up. The defensive line formation we run is call a wide 9 meaning that our ends set up outside the tackle box giving them the opportunity to rush the passer more effectively. Yes, this means that you are giving up running lanes. The end around to his side isnt his responsibility per se. The LBs are given a lot more responsibility in this defense and so far they have played better but yards are a going to happen. KVB is having a decent year and more importantly is a leader on the D.

Am I wrong in assuming where he lines up is not his decision but scheming? Also, KVB is top 5 in the league at forcing fumbles with 4, and he has a great motor.

He also 7 sacks on the season which is 3rd on the team..I think he has been great for the Lions. That being said I think next year they need to start giving LoJack alot more PT.

I think that what KVB brings to the team is a huge plus, but he is a liability in the run game. He lines up where our scheme dictates, but he over runs plays every single game. At this stage of his career he needs to go 100% to have a chance to beat the LT, this means he is up field too many times on screens, reverses, and draws. It seems he's been getting picked on in recent games and teams know his weaknesses. We need a stronger player on his side if we're going to be an elite defense.

I got a bit of a facepalm going on right now.

This is directed at the OP

Sonic_Derp.jpg

tbone413 said:
He also 7 sacks on the season which is 3rd on the team..I think he has been great for the Lions. That being said I think next year they need to start giving LoJack alot more PT.

2nd on the team with 8.

motorcitym said:
Am I the only one who's had enough of this guy? There's no way that he starts on any other teams roster in the NFL but he rarely gets rotated out of our lineup. For 13 weeks in a row, the team we played against, has done an end around to HIS side and gained at least a first down. The only team that didn't was TB. He also lines up at least 10 yards off the center, which leaves a gaping hole to his side EVERY TIME! I hope LoJack comes back soon 100% for our playoff push.

Yeah, you're the only one. KVB has been a Godsend since coming to Detroit. He doesn't have the eye-popping numbers but he prepares this team day in and day out with his mental toughness, work ethic and his leadership.

You're dismissed....

tonyballs said:
motorcitym said:

Yeah, you're the only one. KVB has been a Godsend since coming to Detroit. he doesn't have the eye-popping numbers but he prepares this team day in and day out with his mental toughness, work ethic and his leadership.

You're dismissed....
all this is true....however I do think it will be time to replace him sooner rather than later.

KVB is the reason for a change of culture and work ethic for this team. Sure, you can credit JS for camping on his doorstep and whining him in to coming to a historically crappy franchise... but in the end, KVB is the reason for this teams work ethic.

(what are you, new?)

Did you guys hear Rodgers making fun of him last week on his radio show lol. funny shit if you can find it.

mhughes0021 said:
tonyballs said:
Yeah, you're the only one. KVB has been a Godsend since coming to Detroit. he doesn't have the eye-popping numbers but he prepares this team day in and day out with his mental toughness, work ethic and his leadership.

You're dismissed....
all this is true....however I do think it will be time to replace him sooner rather than later.

Of course. He's not young.....i fully expect Mayhew to keep building that DLine year in and year out...

johnny2x2x said:
I think that what KVB brings to the team is a huge plus, but he is a liability in the run game. He lines up where our scheme dictates, but he over runs plays every single game. At this stage of his career he needs to go 100% to have a chance to beat the LT, this means he is up field too many times on screens, reverses, and draws. It seems he's been getting picked on in recent games and teams know his weaknesses. We need a stronger player on his side if we're going to be an elite defense.

I thought of the play against the raiders this last week where they did the reversal and he overran it, your definitely right.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
That's pretty funny.

Never knew he wore red contacts. Pretty cool

They look pretty bad ass. Looks like a physco, didn't realize he talked like a physco.

Back