Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Latest recruiting rankings

My point is if we end up top 3 - 5 -10 - or 15, it really doesn't matter its just a number from stars and points. If rivals or scout didn't exist, guess what? We would still have the same recruits. So what does it matter? Our lower rated recruits will pull down our rating but would you rather not have them to get a better star and point average?

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]My point is if we end up top 3 - 5 -10 - or 15, it really doesn't matter its just a number from stars and points. If rivals or scout didn't exist, guess what? We would still have the same recruits. So what does it matter? Our lower rated recruits will pull down our rating but would you rather not have them to get a better star and point average?

Yes. The ranking does matter. In your opinion, it doesn't, but pretty much everyone else in this thread disagrees. Doesn't it say something that the 5 star football players all have offers from the best teams around the country?

Its very debatable whether we would have the same recruits if Scout or Rivals didn't exist. You can't prove that and we can't disprove it.

We wouldn't necessarily have the same recruits either. You're reaching. Recruiting matters. Oftentimes, coaches aim for higher recruits and miss, so then settle for lower ranked recruits. That does NOT mean that we originally wanted that lower ranked recruit.

True, some of those kids are recruited early and before they are ever ranked. Its no coincidence that a lot of those kids that are recruited early by the bigtime programs are also evaluated well by the recruiting services. These schools' coaches obviously know what they are doing or they wouldn't be coaching for a big time school.

I think everyone gets your point, but no one is agreeing with you.

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
GoBlueInAtlanta said:
Courtesy of Maize n Brew.

TEAM RANKINGS
Some team recruiting rankings have been released, and all I can say is oh-boy-oh-boy-oh-boy-oh-boy-oh-boy!

Scout:
#1 Michigan
#2 Texas
#3 Florida
#11 Penn State
#12 Notre Dame
#21 Ohio State
#22 Michigan State

Maxpreps:
#1 Michigan
#2 Texas
#3 Florida
#13 Penn State
#18 Notre Dame
#20 Michigan State
#25 Wisconsin

Rivals doesn't have us ranked poorly either:

1. Texas
2. Michigan
3. FSU
4. Florida
5. Miami
11. PSU
16. ND
23. OSU

Crazy theres no SEC teams in the top 5. And that Miami ranking will probably drop....

mhughes0021 said:
MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
Rivals doesn't have us ranked poorly either:

1. Texas
2. Michigan
3. FSU
4. Florida
5. Miami
11. PSU
16. ND
23. OSU

Crazy theres no SEC teams in the top 5. And that Miami ranking will probably drop....

Um, Florida?

(Don't know why it didn't show all three polls in the quoted post, but Florida is top 5 in all three of them.)

Sorry, overlooked that lol....was looking for the Alabamas and lsus of the world.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]My point is if we end up top 3 - 5 -10 - or 15, it really doesn't matter its just a number from stars and points. If rivals or scout didn't exist, guess what? We would still have the same recruits. So what does it matter? Our lower rated recruits will pull down our rating but would you rather not have them to get a better star and point average?

Maybe the final ranking doesn't matter - because that's a different measure than just the average star ranking of your class. They take into account other things like # of recruits - which isn't quite as fair given some classes are smaller than others just because they had larger classes before. But as I've already proven to you - star ranking of your recruits does matter. And sure we might have had the same recruits with or without rivals/scout, but we also would have been clueless to what we were actually getting. We just have more information now and we can judge a class well before they ever hit the field.

It's no shocker that our average star rating went down the past few years under RR and now we're struggling to find playmakers on the defensive side of the ball. We relied on recruiting a heavy amount of 3 star players and look where we stand now for evidence as to why you don't want to do that.

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
uofm06marine said:
That bodes well for our future, now let's see how this year goes.

Fixed it for you.

Yeah, I'm anal-retentive.

Damn, I didn't even notice. Thanks, my grammar and spelling can be terrible at times. I try to catch myself, sometimes it doesn't always work out.

uofm06marine said:
GoBlueInAtlanta said:
Fixed it for you.

Yeah, I'm anal-retentive.

Damn, I didn't even notice. Thanks, my grammar and spelling can be terrible at times. I try to catch myself, sometimes it doesn't always work out.

Well, of course, you're a marine dude. Its OK, though, because we're not counting on you for your brains...

*elbow* *elbow*

Back