Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

LB Trevor Bates punches officer in the face

manchild98

Story should start with...soon to be former Detroit Lion

Detroit Lions linebacker Trevor Bates punched an officer in the eye after he was arrested in New York on Saturday, police told ESPN.

Bates was booked at the 115th Precinct station house in the borough of Queens for allegedly not paying cab fare. He refused to be fingerprinted and punched a police sergeant in the face above the left eye, police said.

Authorities said the officer received three stitches and suffered a concussion.

Bates is facing a felony charge of assaulting a police officer as well as resisting arrest and theft of service.

"We are aware of the arrest of Trevor Bates earlier today in New York," Lions general manager Bob Quinn said in a statement. "We have not spoken to Trevor as of yet and are still in the process of gathering more information. The Detroit Lions will have no further comment at this time."

The 6-foot-2, 247-pound backup linebacker was taken to Elmhurst Hospital for a psychiatric evaluation, authorities said.

Bates appeared in nine games this season with three tackles.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25857334/detroit-lions-lb-trevor-bates-arrested-new-york

Maybe we can goat Matty Stafford to punch someone in the eye.

Won't lie, didn't even realize this guy was on our team. But since I don't like cops, I might buy a jersey now, hahaha.

Won't lie, didn't even realize this guy was on our team. But since I don't like cops, I might buy a jersey now, hahaha.

this is the kind of bullshit that cops put up with. Some asshole doesn't want to get fingerprinted so he punches a cop in the eye. I hope this asshole gets jail time.

Back