Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lets gear up for the draft..

eh 2nd rd picks are never flashy. they are usually guys that left to early or werent good enough to leave early. I do like our draft though thanks to the Drummond pick.

I like the pick. Laimbeer is going to have the Shock in top form.

Last edited:
I would have liked to see Machado here. He's a pure PG, and I'm tired of seeing Bynum run into 90 7' tall guys and getting stuffed.

Apparently English is just a pure shooter. Shot something like 47 percent from three last season???

The 1st rd pick the Heat got from Philly is lottery protected for 3 years.

All in all, a very good draft. I don't know if the 2nd rounders will pan out or not (you never know), but the showstopper is Drummond. Joe didn't do anything stupid, and got the guys he wanted. And with Singler coming in with a year overseas, this team should make the playoffs.

English was the kid on fire in the big 12 tournament.. until the Norfolk st game in the ncaa....I fixed it..may dates were off....blind as a bat..

Last edited:
All in all, a very good draft. I don't know if the 2nd rounders will pan out or not (you never know), but the showstopper is Drummond. Joe didn't do anything stupid, and got the guys he wanted. And with Singler coming in with a year overseas, this team should make the playoffs.
tank next year and get a top 5 pick and ill be happy. dont want to lose the 1st rounder to CHA.

Hughes, as much as I would love them to have the #1 pick, and lose games, that's not going to happen. I think they have added enough talent to, blah, get a 7 or 8 seed.

So wait.. if we make the playoffs we lose the pick? We need to tank !!!!! but i hate to lose....

Hughes, as much as I would love them to have the #1 pick, and lose games, that's not going to happen. I think they have added enough talent to, blah, get a 7 or 8 seed.

seriously id love if they played all the young guys next year and got them some experience and just moved forward from all this crap we put on the floor the last couple years. They wont be very good if they did that....probably a top 7 pick next year which will be great when added with the pieces we have so far. Add to that a decent FA when Magette/Charlie V is gone and we should have a competitive team again.

So wait.. if we make the playoffs we lose the pick? We need to tank !!!!! but i hate to lose....
lottery protected for first year....which is top 15 i think and we cant lose it. somewhere around there. We get into the playoffs and theres a decent chance its gone. The price you pay to get rid of bad contracts.

lottery protected for first year....which is top 15 i think and we cant lose it. somewhere around there. We get into the playoffs and theres a decent chance its gone. The price you pay to get rid of bad contracts.

It could be worse the Clippers gave Cleveland a 1st rd unprotected pick last year so the Cavs would take Baron Davis's contract and it turned into the #1 overall pick.

Back