Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lidstrom Press conference tomorrow at 11am

I found this in my travels today....RedWings cap space is up around $20 Million.
http://capgeek.com/

They should end up with around 28 mil to spend this offseason. Plenty of $$ to sign 2 or 3 impact players.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them make some trades either. This offseason is going to be very busy.

They should end up with around 28 mil to spend this offseason. Plenty of $$ to sign 2 or 3 impact players.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them make some trades either. This offseason is going to be very busy.

Suter and Parise. They are good friends off the ice, we have the need and money for both. Seems like an incredibly logical fit for both. Now FA is FA so it might not happen. I wouldn't mind seeing the Wings add a player like Shane Doan either if the price is right. He's older but a nice two year deal would work well in his situation I think.

Yea I agree that Suter and Pariseshould be the primary focus this offseason,but the demand is going to be high for both of them, especially Parise with the way he has been performing this playoff. It will Prob force holland to overspend to get him, which Holland doesn't like to do.

As a backup to Parise I would like to see them go after Alexader Semin from Wsh, he is a FA and has loads of offensive potential. Plus he is coming off of a down year points wise so his asking price won't e nearly as high as Parise's.

I wonder if they will dangle the captain tag with Parise. In my mind they need to get Suter and either Semin/Parise for this offseason to be a success. After that they still need to add another D-man unless they gonna roll with the young guys.

Suter / Kronwall
Smith / Kindl
White / Quincey

Also found this photo
217989_10150876798369139_1738468321_n.jpg

Even though I'm not a Red Wings fan, the entire NHL feels this loss.

When I heard he was retiring, I wracked my brain to think of a better Dman that I've seen play. I've been watching hockey since the mid 80s, and I came up empty. This guy was everything you ever wanted as a fan, teammate or opponent. He will be missed.

June 17, 1989 : The Detroit Red Wings draft Niklas Lindstrom as the 53rd player taken in the NHL Draft. Later, the Wings select Sergei Fedorov in the fourth round.

Back