Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Agree To Terms With Reggie Bush

NO EXCUSES NO EXCUSES!!!

He agreed on a 4yr deal so we got that missing component. Time to put up or shut up on offense.

just announced on NFL Network....Mitch is right 4 year deal

One more, come on Quin. We get him and I might update my win total to 6.

Reggie Bush - RB - Lions

Lions agreed to terms with RB Reggie Bush, formerly of the Dolphins, on a four-year contract.

One of the worst kept secrets of free agency is no more. Bush provides some desperately needed experience and big-play ability to a running back corps that simply didn't threaten defenses last season. Yahoo's Jason Cole has reported the Lions are hoping to make Bush a "full-time," three-down back. That could be a dicey proposition for a player with Bush's injury history, but he'll undoubtedly lead the Lions' backfield in touches so long as he stays healthy. An elite pass-catching back joining the league's most pass-happy offenses, Bush is going to have a monster PPR ceiling in 2013.

Does this mean he'll be splitting time with Jahvid Best....LOL, just kidding.

Well, he certainly improves our offense. Thought there were some other higher priorities, but we're not done yet. Good to see Houston back, hope we can get a true #1 corner because Houston would be great as a #2. Looks like we got a DE, and will get a safety as well. DE, CB (Millner only), or OT in the draft would be fine.

Does this mean he'll be splitting time with Jahvid Best....LOL, just kidding.

Well, he certainly improves our offense. Thought there were some other higher priorities, but we're not done yet. Good to see Houston back, hope we can get a true #1 corner because Houston would be great as a #2. Looks like we got a DE, and will get a safety as well. DE, CB (Millner only), or OT in the draft would be fine.

He would have been a bad sign if that's all they did. But with Houston back, a DT/DE and maybe Quin - I like it.

I think he's a perfect fit. He's the guy I wanted all along.

Unrelated question... any chance the Lions try to address WR in free agency too?

I'm surprised no one has ever tried it, but why not line up Bush in the slot from time to time? He's one of the best pass-catchers out of the backfield, and his best attribute is being shifty in space. It would make for some interesting formation shifts too, similar to the way NE and GB can shift around their TEs to take advantage of defensive matchups.

We haven't had a 1000 yard rushed since Kevin Jones, 2004. Damn..

Glad we didn't have to use a top pick on a RB. Now we just need a speed WR in FA then all D in the draft.

Where's the doom and gloom team to bash on this deal?

Oh, don't worry. It's coming.

My guess is it will be about the contract length.....how LeShoure is now a "wasted" pick and how stupid Mayhew was for doing it.

On a brighter note.....

HELL YES!!!!!

That opens up Pettigrew in the middle and makes our play action and screen game STRONG.

Great move!!!

Back