Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Bringing In Ryan Grant and Steve Slaton

Didnt Grant already turn us down once? Maybe he has had 2nd thoughts seeing he is still unemployed.

We brought in like 9 DBs last week. LOL

I want to once run into a team where their DB core is as injured as ours. We were without our top 5 DBs, you know what that means? A Loss, even if Tebow is throwing it.

crap and more crap. Slaton is less crappy out of the 2 but Grant may have some info on GB. One thing i saw from the game last night is Bell is not a NFL rb....dude is slow, not shifty and makes the wrong reads....recipe for dissaster in the NFL.

Why? ML is coming back and Smith has been ok. If Grant has turned us down before tell him to GFH, Slaton? I've got a shitload of slaton football cards I can't give away for nothing, anyone want em?

Last edited:
Another reason why i think Best is done for. Meh...whatever. Bring 'em all in!!

Have we even activated Leshoure? I havnt seen a roster move. I would suspect that Williams would be the RB to go. It could be Bell but I kinda like him and he has played more than Williams.

Have we even activated Leshoure? I havnt seen a roster move. I would suspect that Williams would be the RB to go. It could be Bell but I kinda like him and he has played more than Williams.

Bye bye to Williams for sure. Bell has looked ok...

A combination of Leshoure, Smith and Bell.....i can live with. Then we cross our fingers on Best. I'm not holding my breath on that one, though....

I kind of hope Best doesn't come back...for his own sake. Hate to see him go out like Duerson, Seau, etc. Enjoy your health (what's left of it) and move on. We could use him for sure, but just not worth the personal risk in my opinion.

We brought in like 9 DBs last week. LOL

I want to once run into a team where their DB core is as injured as ours. We were without our top 5 DBs, you know what that means? A Loss, even if Tebow is throwing it.

Whoa whoa whoa......reel it in a little bit big guy. Jesus II can throw into any coverage against any DB. Right or left handed, with or without looking!!!

Bye bye to Williams for sure. Bell has looked ok...

A combination of Leshoure, Smith and Bell.....i can live with. Then we cross our fingers on Best. I'm not holding my breath on that one, though....

NO speed in that backfield. No reason to respect the run with an extra man in the box. Keeps a lot of Cover 2 and Cover 3 over the top of Calvin.

I say we trade a bag of footballs and a signed picture of Chica for Chris Johnson.

I dont know how fast slaton is at this point but coming out of college the guy had some decent wheels. Might be a decent third down guy like he was in houston for a bit.

NO speed in that backfield. No reason to respect the run with an extra man in the box. Keeps a lot of Cover 2 and Cover 3 over the top of Calvin.

I say we trade a bag of footballs and a signed picture of Chica for Chris Johnson.

lol. Calvin will get his touches. No need to worry there.

As for the lack of speed in the backfield? Oh well. It's all they have right now. Best is our speed guy and he's done IMO. Go sign Slaton if they want speed..lol. We throw the ball anyways, but if Leshoure can resemble any type of solid RB play then we might have a little something to take some pressure off Staff.

lol. Calvin will get his touches. No need to worry there.

As for the lack of speed in the backfield? Oh well. It's all they have right now. Best is our speed guy and he's done IMO. Go sign Slaton if they want speed..lol. We throw the ball anyways, but if Leshoure can resemble any type of solid RB play then we might have a little something to take some pressure off Staff.

trade avril for kendal hunter. 49ers have lamichael james anyways....

Back