Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Clinch Playoff Spot After Redskins loss to Giants.

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
http://sidelionreport.com/2017/01/01/detroit-lions-clinch-playoffs-washingtons-loss-new-york/
Detroit Lions Clinch Playoff Spot After Redskins loss to Giants.
SideLionReport

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/li...d-of-SNF/0679da1a-0619-46ed-9e39-70ced98597c0
Lions clinch playoff spot ahead of SNF. The Detroit Lions are in the playoffs, but still have their sights set on a bigger accomplishment.
Lions.com

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/...lions-clinch-third-playoff-berth-in-six-years
Detroit Lions clinch third playoff berth in six years.
The Lions are in the playoffs. Let?s celebrate.
PrideOfDetroit

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/01/playoff_bound_lions_clinch_pla.html#incart_river_index
Playoff bound! Lions to play Giants or Seahawks in first round.
Mlive

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/01/01/detroit-lions-clinch-nfl-playoffs/96070270/
Lions clinch playoff spot after Giants win in Washington.
Freep

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ake-playoffs-before-playing-packers/96070448/
They?re in! Lions make playoffs before playing Packers.
Detnews

Great to have a spot clinched. Looks like a road game in Seattle or home game vs Giants.

Great job Detroit. No Calvin they said. 7 wins tops they said. Lions showed them all. Love it

Great job Detroit. No Calvin they said. 7 wins tops they said. Lions showed them all. Love it

Can't argue with you on that. They have certainly defied all (most?) expectations.

Can't argue with you on that. They have certainly defied all (most?) expectations.

Not sure on that. I think many here picked 9 wins. And Calvin would help this team tremendously.. with our lack of red zone TD's to our WR.

Now they need a playoff win.. I can't believe it's been half a life for me.

Not sure on that. I think many here picked 9 wins. And Calvin would help this team tremendously.. with our lack of red zone TD's to our WR.

Now they need a playoff win.. I can't believe it's been half a life for me.

I'm not saying I'm satisfied or happy. I do think they exceeded expectations. But I'm sure maybe some people said 9 wins, I just didn't see any.

All. Subpar team, that gutted out victories. Hopefully we can add some truly talented players this off season. Can't wait to see how Quin handles his first full offseason

All. Subpar team, that gutted out victories. Hopefully we can add some truly talented players this off season. Can't wait to see how Quin handles his first full offseason

So if we lose next week it was a successful season? Imo, no playoff win means a crap season. Regardless if they won 9, 12, or 14. And regardless if they had no talent.

I did say we were winning the super bowl so I am still alive LOL.. I think I based our season on how weak our schedule was.

Yeah Quinn did a fine job patching this team together. but with a harder schedule next season we need to add a lot more talent and depth.

So if we lose next week it was a successful season? Imo, no playoff win means a crap season. Regardless if they won 9, 12, or 14. And regardless if they had no talent.

Not successful, but a pretty good starting point for Bob Quin. I expect him to bring in some talent this year, and cut bait with some players that are under performing. Improving the dline and back 7 should(will) be his primary concern this off season. Plain to see. Oline should go unaddressed IMO. Give abdullah and zenner another year to prove themselves. Zenner should have guaranteed himself a roster spot next year with his gutty last two games. Adding a big bodied receiver should also be addressed

Last edited:
Yes, they had a surprising season, but when you put yourself at 9-4 with a 2 game lead in the division with three to go, I don't care how you got there or what the circumstances are. Close the deal out.

This is a massive kick in the teeth. And I don't understand why Green Bay is being treated like some mega power all of a sudden. This is the same team that lost a TON on the defensive side of the field and needed to rip off a bunch of games in a row to get in. A home game to win the division for the first time in 20 years, and the team just looked so flat. If I had to go back and watch how many times someone whiffed on Rodgers, I'd run out of numbers.

Yes, they had a surprising season, but when you put yourself at 9-4 with a 2 game lead in the division with three to go, I don't care how you got there or what the circumstances are. Close the deal out.

This is a massive kick in the teeth. And I don't understand why Green Bay is being treated like some mega power all of a sudden. This is the same team that lost a TON on the defensive side of the field and needed to rip off a bunch of games in a row to get in. A home game to win the division for the first time in 20 years, and the team just looked so flat. If I had to go back and watch how many times someone whiffed on Rodgers, I'd run out of numbers.

I agree we were so pathetic attacking Green Bay's or any teams weakness. We should have thrown the ball 80% yesterday on the right side Packers secondary . After half we were pathetic. So darn flat yesterday.

I agree we were so pathetic attacking Green Bay's or any teams weakness. We should have thrown the ball 80% yesterday on the right side Packers secondary . After half we were pathetic. So darn flat yesterday.

Didn't GB lose 3 DBs in an already depleted secondary? I really don't understand how the Lions couldn't exploit this weakness more effectively.

Didn't GB lose 3 DBs in an already depleted secondary? I really don't understand how the Lions couldn't exploit this weakness more effectively.

Cause we suck? 1-6 vs +.500 teams lol. Worst playoff team ever. There's not one thing this team does well. Nothing.

Dline sucks
Lb play awful
Secondary terrible
Can't force turnovers
Cant run
Can't pass block

A team with this type of talent should be picking in the top 10 of the upcoming draft. Stafford fucked that up by pulling out miraculous wins vs shitty teams. Now we have to suffer through another season of these clowns as coaches. Enjoy it while you can....this team will be awful next year.

Cause we suck? 1-6 vs +.500 teams lol. Worst playoff team ever. There's not one thing this team does well. Nothing.

Dline sucks
Lb play awful
Secondary terrible
Can't force turnovers
Cant run
Can't pass block

A team with this type of talent should be picking in the top 10 of the upcoming draft. Stafford fucked that up by pulling out miraculous wins vs shitty teams. Now we have to suffer through another season of these clowns as coaches. Enjoy it while you can....this team will be awful next year.

I don't think they will be awful next year...they will likely be similar to this year. Right around a .500 team. You never know, they could hit something in the draft or in FA.

Team has a lot of holes that need filling, time for someone to start a draft thread IMO, Lions season is over.

Lions will be officially done for the year come Saturday. Clean up your clubs and get ready for some golf.

Last edited:
Home game against the Giants who are beatable and it's always tough to beat the same team twice, and then a potential road game against a perennial choker in Atlanta.
Or...

A road game against one of the best home playoff teams in recent memory, followed by a potential trip to an unstoppable offense.

And the team comes out lifeless. Unreal.

Back