Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions close to announcing 7 year extension with CJ

then the signing of Mario, the release of the franchise tag on Avril, the signing of Carr(CB) and Tulloch

Johnson is on a plane right now heading to Detroit. They hope to make an official announcement today. Once again Anwar Richardson is reporting it.

It's almost official. The press conference is at 1 pm today. He's signed through 2019.

Calvin Johnson signs 7-year extension with Lions. 8 years total. Signed through 2019. Press conference at 1

tsmith7559 said:
then the signing of Mario, the release of the franchise tag on Avril, the signing of Carr(CB) and Tulloch

dream on....Tulloch is a probable now , Carr and Mario...lol

My season ticket payment is due today. Coincidence?

Although no financial terms are known, the deal would likely surpass Larry Fitzgerald

SLICK said:
tsmith7559 said:

lol..that's what i figured..maybe a free agent or two..depending on how his cap number was lowered for this offseason...they will get backus locked up....maybe even shaun hill..get tulloch..and maybe get a guy like laron landry or something

great timing for his extension however...hopefully the first year of this deal opens up a bit of cap room for us

dtroitlionsfan951 said:
SLICK said:

lol..that's what i figured..maybe a free agent or two..depending on how his cap number was lowered for this offseason...they will get backus locked up....maybe even shaun hill..get tulloch..and maybe get a guy like laron landry or something

yep

This is great news. Yes this will be VERY expensive but you cant let a talent like this walk. He is the best WR in the NFL.

Lewand probably has it structured so the big money is paid when the new TV money raises the cap like the blurb above says.

Report is the deal is close to 130 million. Fitzgerald got 120 million.

cheeno said:
My season ticket payment is due today. Coincidence?

I think not, they were looking over the payment dates. Saw your's and were like

"Oh shit, we better do something to keep this season ticket payer around"

Lions web site writer RT: @ttwentyman: Sources are telling me the Calvin deal is close to $130 million. Tops the Fitzgerald's $120M deal

sansumo said:
Lions web site writer RT: @ttwentyman: Sources are telling me the Calvin deal is close to $130 million. Tops the Fitzgerald's $120M deal
Fitz's deal was 8 years. Read that this is 7. Huge difference if true

lp4ever41 said:
sansumo said:
Fitz's deal was 8 years. Read that this is 7. Huge difference if true

7 years extended plus next season = 8

Back