Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions close to announcing 7 year extension with CJ

This contract has to be back loaded. I'm curious to here how much money this saves in cap this year.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]
cheeno said:
My season ticket payment is due today. Coincidence?

I think not, they were looking over the payment dates. Saw your's and were like

"Oh shit, we better do something to keep this season ticket payer around"

I thought they were short on cash and Calvin demanded an new ass board in his locker.

zay44 said:
This contract has to be back loaded. I'm curious to here how much money this saves in cap this year.

enough to get Tulloch and Backus and a mid level DB most likely.

Lions reached agreement with WR Calvin Johnson on a seven-year, $132 million extension that includes $60 million guaranteed.

still hoping for hawthorne over tulloch

7 years??? i don't think anyone expected that. 6 sure, not 7! this might be close to $150 mil with $50 mil G money, this year being around $15 and final being around $25. my loose projections anyway. look forward to details!

zyxt9 said:

7 years??? i don't think anyone expected that. 6 sure, not 7! this might be close to $150 mil with $50 mil G money, this year being around $15 and final being around $25. my loose projections anyway. look forward to details!

still shoulda traded him for picks though...right ?

didn't see thoe updates...wow, less total but more g-money than i figured

when the details come out it will be a 5yr deal...the rest is for the agents ego

SLICK said:
zyxt9 said:

look, that was if he (or any player) costs too high a % vs cap. there is a cost/benefit analysis that eventually one can reach my conclusion. not going to theoretically pay one player 50% of your cap right? not even a qb imo. so if cost gets too high because a guy won't restructure, then trading for picks is a legit option imo.

zyxt9 said:
SLICK said:

look, that was if he (or any player) costs too high a % vs cap. there is a cost/benefit analysis that eventually one can reach my conclusion. not going to theoretically pay one player 50% of your cap right? not even a qb imo. so if cost gets too high because a guy won't restructure, then trading for picks is a legit option imo.

they always restructure....the benefit is far greater then the risk of playing out the last year or 2 on your deal.

it's why MEGA stars dont get dealt for picks.

Back