Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions close to announcing 7 year extension with CJ

SLICK said:
zyxt9 said:
look, that was if he (or any player) costs too high a % vs cap. there is a cost/benefit analysis that eventually one can reach my conclusion. not going to theoretically pay one player 50% of your cap right? not even a qb imo. so if cost gets too high because a guy won't restructure, then trading for picks is a legit option imo.

they always restructure....the benefit is far greater then the risk of playing out the last year or 2 on your deal.

it's why MEGA stars dont get dealt for picks.

depends on the ego...again, imo

zyxt9 said:
SLICK said:
they always restructure....the benefit is far greater then the risk of playing out the last year or 2 on your deal.

it's why MEGA stars dont get dealt for picks.

depends on the ego...again, imo

name the last All Pro to be dealt away for picks ?

are you sure stafford will get his deal next year? it would only be year 4 on a 6 year deal after this season..he still could play out year 5

dtroitlionsfan951 said:
are you sure stafford will get his deal next year? it would only be year 4 on a 6 year deal after this season..he still could play out year 5

with all the restructuring he has done , he has big cap numbers in 2013 and 2014...and Suh is a FA in 2014...they wont wanna do both in same year.

Calvin's extension will save the Lions $9 million in cap space according to sources

Awesome! I'm sure it's back loaded and gives us the cap relief we need now.

When Fitzgerald got his deal I wondered if we should let Calvin walk, but after the year he had there is no way you could let him go. He's the most talented WR in NFL history and he's just coming into his own. He changes the game and if they keep throwing him the ball he is unstoppable and is a threat for 200 yards every game. We started to see what he is capable of at the end of last year. I could see Calvin put up video game numbers the next few years and I think we'll see him catch of 2000 yards in a season soon.

you get what you pay for..you don't trade away no character issue all pro's who are just entering their prime because they want to be one of the highest paid players in the league..

hey slick...check out a little known player named herschel walker who was an all pro with cowboys then traded for 8 picks

does that qualify?

mhughes0021 said:
cheeno said:
My season ticket payment is due today. Coincidence?

pay it fast before they raise it!

That's what I was thinking. After today they may be a little short.

In all seriousness great signing. Keep CJ and Staff together and reap the rewards.

zyxt9 said:
hey slick...check out a little known player named herschel walker who was an all pro with cowboys then traded for 8 picks

does that qualify?

he didnt have contract issues

zyxt9 said:

does that qualify?

I think the Cowboys won a bunch of Super Bowls after that move too.

tsmith7559 said:
zyxt9 said:

does that qualify?

he didnt have contract issues

well maybe that doesn't have to be a qualifier after all based on this

Back