Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions close to announcing 7 year extension with CJ

The cool thing about the deal... No one is questioning it or speaking against it. Shows you how much folks respect Calvin. He is getting love from his team on twitter.

tomdalton22 said:
zyxt9 said:
hey slick...check out a little known player named herschel walker who was an all pro with cowboys then traded for 8 picks

does that qualify?

I think the Cowboys won a bunch of Super Bowls after that move too.

thanks for the support

sansumo said:
The cool thing about the deal... No one is questioning it or speaking against it. Shows you how much folks respect Calvin. He is getting love from his team on twitter.

maybe C Carter will acknowledge him as elite now?

tomdalton22 said:
zyxt9 said:
hey slick...check out a little known player named herschel walker who was an all pro with cowboys then traded for 8 picks

does that qualify?

A. The cowboys stunk, were not making the playoffs, and initially wanted to trade Irvin (which Al Davis talked them out of, of all people). CJ is our Irvin.
B. The Vikings were morons
C. Not a contract situation, see above.

Schefter tweets: "Wonder what JaMarcus Russell, drafted one spot ahead of Calvin Johnson, thinks of the richest deal in NFL history."

sansumo said:
Schefter tweets: "Wonder what JaMarcus Russell, drafted one spot ahead of Calvin Johnson, thinks of the richest deal in NFL history."

I can tell you: "Uhhhhgggg... is it noon already?"

zyxt9 said:
tsmith7559 said:
he didnt have contract issues

well maybe that doesn't have to be a qualifier after all based on this

based on what..lol

you said if a guy is eating up cap space and wont restructure..trade him for picks....it doesn't happen in the NFL...they always restructure , like I said when faced with playing out the last year or 2 on a deal or restructuring and getting the security...they always cave and restructure.

cheeno said:
tomdalton22 said:

A. The cowboys stunk, were not making the playoffs, and initially wanted to trade Irvin (which Al Davis talked them out of, of all people). CJ is our Irvin.

wow, so let's just go back to my original point the other day... that all of you jumped my ass over...trade a megastar for picks

Too much money for a WR....I think they would have been better off in the long run if they would have traded him.

zyxt9 said:
cheeno said:

wow, so let's just go back to my original point the other day... that all of you jumped my ass over...trade a megastar for picks

I'm with you.. we should have traded stafford, cj or suh..

zyxt9 said:
cheeno said:

ok..so it happens once every 20 years....
cool.png

tomdalton22 said:
Too much money for a WR....I think they would have been better off in the long run if they would have traded him.

Me no think yous knows what yous talkin bouts. Herp derp derp

SLICK said:
zyxt9 said:
well maybe that doesn't have to be a qualifier after all based on this

based on what..lol

you said if a guy is eating up cap space and wont restructure..trade him for picks....it doesn't happen in the NFL...they always restructure , like I said when faced with playing out the last year or 2 on a deal or restructuring and getting the security...they always cave and restructure.

not saying a restructure is a bad move either as the whole point i was trying to make is to have money avail to fill holes with talented FAs instead of bottom feeders

I guess the question is how many teams get to the SB with your WR being the top paid guy on the team?

SLICK said:
zyxt9 said:

ok..so it happens once every 20 years....
cool.png

and admittedly requires a retarded GM to give up the picks...but those are rare. skins are close tho imo lol

tsmith7559 said:
I guess the question is how many teams get to the SB with your WR being the top paid guy on the team?

Stafford will take care of that.

tsmith7559 said:

How many receivers have there been like cj.

tsmith7559 said:

he wont be the topped paid guy for long , maybe a year.

Staffords coming up.
cool.png

brewer228 said:
Did Roy Williams count as a superstar :)

the rules have been set as a superstar who wont re-structure and is traded......limited choices

Back