Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions close to announcing 7 year extension with CJ

SLICK said:
tsmith7559 said:
I guess the question is how many teams get to the SB with your WR being the top paid guy on the team?

he wont be the topped paid guy for long , maybe a year.

Staffords coming up.
cool.png

I hope they target him 20 times a game

tsmith7559 said:
brewer228 said:
Did Roy Williams count as a superstar :)

the rules have been set as a superstar who wont re-structure and is traded......limited choices

no rules Billy Bob....it was his post , guy wont restructure , trade him.

it doesn't happen...the big boys always take the security over the unknown.

SLICK said:
tsmith7559 said:
I guess the question is how many teams get to the SB with your WR being the top paid guy on the team?

he wont be the topped paid guy for long , maybe a year.

Staffords coming up.
cool.png

That's exactly what I just told a co-worker. We are going to have a lot of money invested in the QB and WR position.

This is a good deal for both sides. This deal opens up a pretty good bit of cash in the immediate future. They will be able to get Tulloch and Avrils deals done. Then Sign a couple mid range FAs including Backus.

motown1958 said:
This is a good deal for both sides. This deal opens up a pretty good bit of cash in the immediate future. They will be able to get Tulloch and Avrils deals done. Then Sign a couple mid range FAs including Backus.

they'll need close to $4 Mill for the rookies....

tsmith7559 said:
motown1958 said:

they'll need close to $4 Mill for the rookies....

you get a seperate pool for rookies

The Lions locked up WR Calvin Johnson on Wednesday with a seven-year extension worth $113.5 million, according to league source.

The contract includes an existing roster bonus of $4.5 million that was due in the final year of Johnson

lp4ever41 said:
tsmith7559 said:
still comes out of the $120.6
Its already been included. When the Lions were $5-6 million under yesterday, the rookie money was factored into that #

how can it be...the rookie pool hasnt been established????

tsmith7559 said:
lp4ever41 said:
Its already been included. When the Lions were $5-6 million under yesterday, the rookie money was factored into that #

how can it be...the rookie pool hasnt been established????

only a teams top paid 51 count against the cap until opening day

Lions have 9 Practice squad players right now(about 3 million that count against the cap right now since we have 48 under contract) Gerberry,Hughes,Harris people like that, when the rookies in July, Tulloch, QB2, roster filler vets are signed those guys go off the books. And rookies won't count until late July. Mid July is the deadline for an Avril extension. Works out perfectly.

lionskillpack said:
Lions have 9 Practice squad players right now(about 3 million that count against the cap right now since we have 48 under contract) Gerberry,Hughes,Harris people like that, when the rookies in July, Tulloch, QB2, roster filler vets are signed those guys go off the books. And rookies won't count until late July. Mid July is the deadline for an Avril extension. Works out perfectly.

I dont believe the practice squad come close to $3 Mill, in fact, I bet it less than 1/2 of it

tsmith7559 said:
lionskillpack said:

I dont believe the practice squad come close to $3 Mill, in fact, I bet it less than 1/2 of it

Add up Ross Weaver,Overbay,Gerberry,Tolliver,Hughes,Harris, Slade Norris and Chinasa and their salaries add up to over 3 million. Go to netrats spreadsheet.

http://thenetrat.com/salarycap.html. This is pre Calvin deal

practice squad players made $65,000 in 2011...so our 9 guys count less than $700,000

Back