Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions emerge as favorites for Barr

He would be a nice pickup to put next to Davis. Ive thought for a while that Collins and flowers would mean we could go mlb in the draft with white and bush being incredibly similar and that would pretty much only leave one glaring weakness to address. But if they think they are set at safety with Walker and Diggs going lb might be a good choice.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Be interesting to see how much salary he commands.... think he made like 12 mil on an option last year. I wouldn't pay a lb with 3 sacks more than 6mil. I think edge rusher is the bigger need. He's probably a better cover lb than anyone we have right now.

Be interesting to see how much salary he commands.... think he made like 12 mil on an option last year. I wouldn't pay a lb with 3 sacks more than 6mil. I think edge rusher is the bigger need. He's probably a better cover lb than anyone we have right now.

Seems to be a guy athletic enough to do quite a few things. Cover when needed and could probably line up at DE against a tackle that struggles with speed rushers.....something we don?t have.

He brings athleticism we simply don?t have and need more of.

I?m all for it. And no matter what....we?ll have to overpay a bit. We?re the Lions.

I'd rather draft White and call the LB's good, but maybe after that combine performance they think he may be gone by the time they pick or they are just looking at a different position since we just spent a first 2 years ago on a LB.... We'll see

I'd rather draft White and call the LB's good, but maybe after that combine performance they think he may be gone by the time they pick or they are just looking at a different position since we just spent a first 2 years ago on a LB.... We'll see

I don?t know, having Barr AND White (if it happened, not saying it will) takes us from being the worst, most unathletic LB group in the NFL to possibly the MOST athletic starting trio. In Nickel situations Barr could move to a rush DE. He?s 6?5?, 255lb.

It?d be a good problem to have. We simply don?t have enough playmakers....especially defensively.....so I?m excited to add Barr if it happens. And hopefully White!

I bet his sack numbers jump up greatly if he goes to a 3-4. Which is why I'm surprised we're favorites.

I don’t know, having Barr AND White (if it happened, not saying it will) takes us from being the worst, most unathletic LB group in the NFL to possibly the MOST athletic starting trio. In Nickel situations Barr could move to a rush DE. He’s 6’5”, 255lb.

It’d be a good problem to have. We simply don’t have enough playmakers....especially defensively.....so I’m excited to add Barr if it happens. And hopefully White!

Ya he was projected more as a 3-4 olb.... but i don't think he would be the answer for our rush lb hole. I see him as the same as say a ferrill.... an upgrade over okwaras side. How much do you pay for that is the question.

Last edited:
Ya he was projected more as a 3-4 olb.... but i don't think he would be the answer for our rush lb hole. I see him as the same as say a ferrill.... an upgrade over okwaras side. How much do you pay for that is the question.

Probably slightly higher than market value. Which I?m fine with. Barr isn?t Khalil Mack, but he?s the type of player that Fatty Patty likes. Versatile. If he?s on the field he can stand up and play both outside LB spots. He?s athletic enough to cover most RB?s....has the size and speed to cover most TE, or he can put his hand down and rush the passer with elite speed.

He?s a good player. Not great. But he?s a big upgrade over what we currently have and that?s a step in the right direction.

If we get him. Which seems 50/50 at best from what I read. Jets going to make a push as well.

Lets just go get Flowers , Collins , and Barr and then prep for draft !! haha sounds great but why couldn't we do this ?!!

Probably slightly higher than market value. Which I’m fine with. Barr isn’t Khalil Mack, but he’s the type of player that Fatty Patty likes. Versatile. If he’s on the field he can stand up and play both outside LB spots. He’s athletic enough to cover most RB’s....has the size and speed to cover most TE, or he can put his hand down and rush the passer with elite speed.

He’s a good player. Not great. But he’s a big upgrade over what we currently have and that’s a step in the right direction.

If we get him. Which seems 50/50 at best from what I read. Jets going to make a push as well.

This is what i like best about him , would take pressure off of Davis as well

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back