Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Hire Anthony Lynn as OC

It would be nice! I was mainly trying to point out I don?t think it should take over 2+ years to put a winning football team on the field.

A winning football team is easy. What counts is what you do once you have a winning football team. And the Lions have failed miserably. We never shoot for anything because owners like Sheila Ford Hamp just want to compete for a playoff spot. And nothing more.

Lions fans give up after 2 years though

Lions' fans have stuck with this franchise long after it has given up on them. If you think that the Fords give a shit about the average Lions' fan, you are living in an alternate universe.

This was before Josh Allen.

Correct, but he had Tyrod Taylor. Every year Baltimore and Arizona will be among the tops in the league in rushing until they not longer have the QB's they have. When you are getting an extra 60-80 yards a game just from a QB it skews the numbers.

With that sad I still like the hire. He didn't always call plays in San Diego, but you know his hands were all over that offense. He took a rookie QB this year who was supposed to be a project and made him OROY. He took an undrafted RB and made him into a stud. He helped develop players like Keenan Allen, Hunter Henry, and even Mike Williams. I personally am very pleased with the hire.

Correct, but he had Tyrod Taylor. Every year Baltimore and Arizona will be among the tops in the league in rushing until they not longer have the QB's they have. When you are getting an extra 60-80 yards a game just from a QB it skews the numbers.

With that sad I still like the hire. He didn't always call plays in San Diego, but you know his hands were all over that offense. He took a rookie QB this year who was supposed to be a project and made him OROY. He took an undrafted RB and made him into a stud. He helped develop players like Keenan Allen, Hunter Henry, and even Mike Williams. I personally am very pleased with the hire.

I like the hire too and maybe we'll get a QB that can run, times are changing.

I like the hire too and maybe we'll get a QB that can run, times are changing.

I wouldn't mind that, but I'd hope that it would be more in the mold of a Josh Allen, Deshaun Watson, or Patrick Mahomes, not the Lamar Jackson or Tyrod Taylor type. I want a passing QB that can run not a running QB that can pass if that makes sense

Also before someone acts like a smartass I'm not saying we can easily find a QB as good as them, I'm strictly talking about the "type" of QB.

I wouldn't mind that, but I'd hope that it would be more in the mold of a Josh Allen, Deshaun Watson, or Patrick Mahomes, not the Lamar Jackson or Tyrod Taylor type. I want a passing QB that can run not a running QB that can pass if that makes sense

Also before someone acts like a smartass I'm not saying we can easily find a QB as good as them, I'm strictly talking about the "type" of QB.

Makes sense to me. Throw first run second.

Back