Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions listening to offers for Tate and traded to the Eagles

I don't care if Matt Stafford is the best QB in the history of the NFL, because it has not translated into NFL championships.

Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, Jim Plunkett (2), Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, the aforementioned Foles have all won SBs as starting QBs.

I don't care if Matt Stafford is the best QB in the history of the NFL, because it has not translated into NFL championships.

Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, Jim Plunkett (2), Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, the aforementioned Foles have all won SBs as starting QBs.

It's easy for me to dismiss his opinion. He played with RW during his rookie and year 2 seasons. Tate only averaged 54 receptions those two years. Then he goes to pass happy Matt where he averaged 93 catches a year. He's a typical selfish WR. He sees that his production was up with Matt so he correlates that with Matt being the better QB. Every meaningful stat suggests that Wilson is the better QB.

id have to imagine theres some bias considering RW ran him out of town. Those years in seattle were heavy heavy run first offenses and Tate was a number 2 there? maybe 3 at some points throughout the year. Then you come here and youre a #1 in a pass heavy offense...well no shit you like that situation better lmao.

So Wilson not the reason they win then. Run heavy. Defense

Stafford>Wilson

Stafford with the #2 defense in the league.....doesnt win shit. Andy Dalton = Stafford

That number 2 defense wasn't allowed to play like the number 2 defense in the playoffs. Incredible excessive holding flat out allowed in that game against Dallas. Plus the picked up DPI flag. And the Demarcus Lawrence non-offside call on the final drive.

And they went 11-5 by the way. So yes. He did win with that defense.

So Wilson not the reason they win then. Run heavy. Defense

Stafford<Wilson

fify

Wilson is better than Matt in almost every significant category.

YPA
Wilson 7.9
Stafford 7.1

TD%
Wilson 6.0
Matt 4.4

INT %
Wilson 1.9
Matt 2.4

Comp %
Wilson 64.2
Matt 62.4

QB Rating
Wilson 100.3 (his career average is higher than Matt's best year)
Matt 88.4

Add in the fact that he has rushed for over 3600 yards in 7 seasons (Matt 1000 in 10)

I don't think any sane person would say that Matt is better than Wilson.

Last edited:
fify

Wilson is better than Matt in almost every significant category.

YPA
Wilson 7.9
Stafford 7.1

TD%
Wilson 6.0
Matt 4.4

INT %
Wilson 1.9
Matt 2.4

Comp %
Wilson 64.2
Matt 62.4

QB Rating
Wilson 100.3 (his career average is higher than Matt's best year)
Matt 88.4

Add in the fact that he has rushed for over 3600 yards in 7 seasons (Matt 1000 in 10)

I don't think any sane person would say that Matt is better than Wilson.
That last sentence says it all.

Back