Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Release Statement On Suh

lions2011

Ndamukong Suh - DL - Lions

The Lions released a statement Friday night calling Ndamukong Suh's behavior in Thursday's game "unacceptable," but announcing no punishment for the Pro Bowl defensive tackle.
"The on-field conduct exhibited by Ndamukong Suh that led to his ejection from yesterday

Coach Jim Schwartz indicated in a Sirius XM Radio interview Friday that if Ndamukong Suh is suspended for his Thanksgiving stomping of Packers RG Evan Dietrich-Smith, the ban will not be team-imposed.
"The league is, obviously, going to look at it, and if there

Geez man it wasn't that bad. Happens a 100 times a season. As far as preemptive a penalty like benching as you suggest does no good. Its the NFL, not the NCAA. Let them figure out what is appropriate.

I'd let the NFL dole out the punishment too. I'd be afraid they'd one up anything we tried to do. If the Lions suspend Suh for 1 game, the NFL gives him 2. If the Lions give him 2 games, the NFL gives him 3. Just let them figure it out and deal with it.

Here's Suh's facebook statement:

"In the past few hours, I have had time to reflect on yesterday's game and I want to sincerely apologize for letting my teammates down, the organization, and especially to my fans who look to me for positive inspiration," Suh said in his statement. "Playing professional sports is not a game. It is a profession with great responsibility, and where performance on and off the field should never be compromised. It requires a calm and determined demeanor, which cannot be derailed by the game, referee calls, fans or other players.

"I want to reiterate my commitment to working to become a better player, and professional -- on and off the field. My reaction on Thursday was unacceptable. I made a mistake, and have learned from it. I hope to direct the focus back to the task at hand -- by winning."

manchild98 said:

"In the past few hours, I have had time to reflect on yesterday's game and I want to sincerely apologize for letting my teammates down, the organization, and especially to my fans who look to me for positive inspiration," Suh said in his statement. "Playing professional sports is not a game. It is a profession with great responsibility, and where performance on and off the field should never be compromised. It requires a calm and determined demeanor, which cannot be derailed by the game, referee calls, fans or other players.

"I want to reiterate my commitment to working to become a better player, and professional -- on and off the field. My reaction on Thursday was unacceptable. I made a mistake, and have learned from it. I hope to direct the focus back to the task at hand -- by winning."

if only this remark could be true......it damn well better be, because whenever he gets back, it could literally be his final chance at not being labeled 'dirty' permanently.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Geez man it wasn't that bad. Happens a 100 times a season. As far as preemptive a penalty like benching as you suggest does no good. Its the NFL, not the NCAA. Let them figure out what is appropriate.

Please show some of these then lol

He was kicked out and flagged... No suspension just a big fine is in order in my opinion ... Anything more then a 1 game suspension from the league is a joke.

manchild98 said:

Bunch of bullshit most likely...Lions prepared something for him and he posted it.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Geez man it wasn't that bad. Happens a 100 times a season. As far as preemptive a penalty like benching as you suggest does no good. Its the NFL, not the NCAA. Let them figure out what is appropriate.

it doesn't happen 100x a season you fucktard.....seriously stop making excuses for the retard...he's a fucking goon , has been since college.

Sure it does. Punching, kicking -- it happens. So now he's a goon? Because of a light kick that wouldn't hurt my 77 year old mom. People are way overreacting including too many people on this site. I'll take 3 more of him.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Sure it does. Punching, kicking -- it happens. So now he's a goon? Because of a light kick that wouldn't hurt my 77 year old mom. People are way overreacting including too many people on this site. I'll take 3 more of him.

he's got million dollar talent and a 10 cent brain....

"He was well-respected for his ability, but everybody kind of knew who he was," Slauson said. "He wasn't well-liked."

Slauson goes as far to suggest Suh needs to seek professional help for his anger.

kinda the story on him in college also...lotsa questionable shit even in practices with his own guys.

SLICK said:
"He was well-respected for his ability, but everybody kind of knew who he was," Slauson said. "He wasn't well-liked."

Slauson goes as far to suggest Suh needs to seek professional help for his anger.

kinda the story on him in college also...lotsa questionable shit even in practices with his own guys.

I came home yesterday from the old mom's and put the game on, and within a few minutes the play happened. It was a bit surreal as I wondered what the hell just happened, what did he do? Kept looking at the replay and it just looked like he had the Olineman down pushing his head and helmet into the ground and stood up and stomped the ground. I thought he stomped the ground in anger or tried to get his balance, and a short time later saw a different angle replay and realized that he stomped the Olineman's arm. geezus.
All this is wrong, even in a violent sport like football. I don't have a correct answer, all I can get from this year and last is he plays hard and was borderline dirty before this incident. Which to me makes me think he gets baited into some of these plays and continues after the play is whistled. Not smart, and needs to channel and control his rage and play to the whistle not after. Which if I am right on that, will take some doing, if he has always played like that a few seconds after the whistle calls the play over.
Teams and players see this and will try to get him into these situations whenver he comes back from any discipline by the Commissioners' office.
In another thread, the names of Deacon Jones, Butkus, etc. feared hardnosed on the edge of being called dirty continued to play that style but stopped when the play did.
I hope he can adjust. right or wrong that's my thoughts on it.

miggytron said:

some of what slauson said about ndamukong is what makes me love the guy......i mean, i like a player who wants to kill the quarterback.....BUT, the other stuff about the incidents in corn huskers practice and the fact that maybe he truly does want to LITERALLY kill the qb is what alarms me about his ass.....he's a fucking enigma that's for sure. whenever he returns, we all should learn whether he's crazy or not if something like this ever happens again.....he's far too intelligent for this shit.

SLICK said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Sure it does. Punching, kicking -- it happens. So now he's a goon? Because of a light kick that wouldn't hurt my 77 year old mom. People are way overreacting including too many people on this site. I'll take 3 more of him.

he's got million dollar talent and a 10 cent brain....

Better than 10 cent talent and a a million dollar brain. I think. And I might have exaggerated on 100, more like 65.

I just think it's funny that the first person they ask is the Offensive Linemen who's ass he kicked everyday in practice. Why not go ask Prince Amukamara how he felt about playing in the secondary behind Suh. Or one of the other Dlinemen that got to face 1 blocker every game they played with Suh because he was always double teamed.

I agree he's got anger issues, and he's probably a dirty player - otherwise the players of the NFL wouldn't have voted him the dirtiest, and he wouldn't get Personal Fouls every game.

Some of that is bs though.

The Cutler hit last year - wasn't a penalty. He got shafted on that one.
Some of his late hits - bs. He gets way less grey area than other players.

But whatever. He's got his reputation, and he earned it, and he's stuck with it. Professional referee's are not supposed to call penalties based on tendancy, but they do. Now he's gotta pay the piper, and probably that's gonna mean missing a game (at least)

Back