Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions sign Andre Roberts and workout Anquan Boldin

cheeno

Keep bringing in vet WRs to build out the roster depth.

Kerley is hurt and fuller had foot surgery. Roberts adds competition. Would love boldin even as top backup outside wr

Kerley is hurt and fuller had foot surgery. Roberts adds competition. Would love boldin even as top backup outside wr

Even more reason to sign Boldin. Besides, Kerley is more of a ST's guy and Roberts is nothing special.

Kerley can play slot. But if you sign boldin you can slide tate inside and boldin and jones on outside

Last edited:
Kerley can play slot. But if you sign boldin you can slide tate inside and boldin and jones on outside

I'm not counting on Kerley to regain his form back when he was a Jet a few years back. Maybe he can still play, but he's a PR at this point in his career. Boldin becomes that instant #3 WR in this offense if signed.
Guys like Kerley, Roberts, Caldwell, Copeland, Davis and Lee fighting for that #4 and #5

I love that Quinn is bringing guys in to compete. I am all on board given Boldin a shot as well. I really like Quinn alot..

I love that Quinn is bringing guys in to compete. I am all on board given Boldin a shot as well. I really like Quinn alot..

Our last guy brought in guys to compete. We'll see if the guys Quinn brings in help..

Boldin's only interest so far has been us and the Skins, he also may retire if he doesn't find the right fit. Roberts can compete on STs as a KR as well, had a 99 yard return last year.

Boldin's only interest so far has been us and the Skins, he also may retire if he doesn't find the right fit. Roberts can compete on STs as a KR as well, had a 99 yard return last year.

All these WR's we're signing and bringing in for a look says a LOT about what Quinn thinks of our "depth" behind Jones and Tate. I think TJ Jones is pretty safe as well......but everyone else is going to have to play their way on the team.....including Fuller......who has done next to nothing so far in his career.

If I were a WR looking for a job.......Detroit would be the 1st place I would look. Open competition for 2 or 3 jobs and PR duties.

All these WR's we're signing and bringing in for a look says a LOT about what Quinn thinks of our "depth" behind Jones and Tate. I think TJ Jones is pretty safe as well......but everyone else is going to have to play their way on the team.....including Fuller......who has done next to nothing so far in his career.

If I were a WR looking for a job.......Detroit would be the 1st place I would look. Open competition for 2 or 3 jobs and PR duties.

Spot on!!

If the Lions sign Boldin, it's because of his close relationship with Caldwell and Caldwell trusting he has 50 or 60 more grabs left in him. Boldin is right at the edge of being done.

Last edited:

Our Wr depth has been horrid forever. We all knew this....finally we have a GM that realizes it. Only took 2 decades. Hopefully he'll soon realize our secondary depth, dline depth is just as shitty. He addressed the oline depth during the draft. Depth has definitely been a problem for this organization....hes done a lot to address that in the short time hes been here. Its been strategic and focused. Oline during draft. FA WRs. He did what he could with limited options at safety. work in progress....but you can tell hes working at it. good sign.

Last edited:
Back