Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions sign Lacey and re-sign Fluellen

tsmith7559 said:
"Lacey competing for a starting job"...yikes....say it aint so MM

translation: "He'll be fighting to stay on the roster."

Monster V2 said:
tsmith7559 said:
"Lacey competing for a starting job"...yikes....say it aint so MM

translation: "He'll be fighting to stay on the roster."

I hope MM has something up his sleeve....this cant be possible

I was wondering if Flu was coming back......hope it didnt cost too much

considering we all ready have over $36 Mill tied up in the D Line

Houston, Berry, Lacey, Smith, and (probably) a draft pick. There's your 2012 Lions cornerback group.

If Lacey can at least turn his head to watch the ball fly over him, he'd be an improvement to our secondary.

All in all, depth signing I would think.

lp4ever41 said:
Houston, Berry, Lacey, Smith, and (probably) a draft pick. There's your 2012 Lions cornerback group.

the lions can't keep bringing in nickel cornerbacks and excpect them to compete with top wr's. especially if the opposing team has a good line..

imthetruth said:
lp4ever41 said:

the lions can't keep bringing in nickel cornerbacks and excpect them to compete with top wr's. especially if the opposing team has a good line..

something else is happening.......or we draft a CB round 1

tsmith7559 said:
imthetruth said:

nothing else is happening...besides the draft , the CB market is now down to spare parts on the FA market.

lp4ever41 said:

Not if my death threats on Twitter have anything to say about it.

cheeno said:
lp4ever41 said:

Kirkpatrick , Gilmore and Jenkins should all be around at #23.

SLICK said:
tsmith7559 said:

nothing else is happening...besides the draft , the CB market is now down to spare parts on the FA market.

still holding out trade or cap cut possibilities

SLICK said:
cheeno said:

I think someone jumps on dre. I'm warming up to gilmore especially over janitor Jenkins.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
SLICK said:
I think someone jumps on dre. I'm warming up to gilmore especially over janitor Jenkins.

ya Claiborne going top 5 , leaves alot of room for the #2 CB to go off the board before we pick.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
SLICK said:

really? what makes you like Gilmore? Jenkins looks like a big time talent and I would gladly take him if he's there at 23 unless one of the studs like Decastro/Glenn or Jonathan Martin somehow slip. think he instantly becomes our best corner talent wise.

lionsftw said:
[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]] I think someone jumps on dre. I'm warming up to gilmore especially over janitor Jenkins.

really? what makes you like Gilmore? Jenkins looks like a big time talent and I would gladly take him if he's there at 23 unless one of the studs like Decastro/Glenn or Jonathan Martin somehow slip. think he instantly becomes our best corner talent wise.

lotta baggage with Jenkins.

If one of those corners is BPA, Mayhew will take him. But he won't reach. Seems more likely that a higher rated prospect (Glenn, Barron, Martin) will fall and get picked by Detroit. I've read that this corner class is deep. 2nd day pick seems more likely IMO.

Back