Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Sign Schwartz

thehippo73

Lions sign Geoff Schwartz to a one year deal according to Ian Rapoport on Twitter.

Decent veteran O-line depth

Lions sign Geoff Schwartz to a one year deal according to Ian Rapoport on Twitter.

Decent veteran O-line depth
Good move. He is very good if healthy. Can play right tackle as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure he's cheap ...ugh. Another banged up OLineman to deal with...yay. Stay healthy please...

Thats a big dude....hopefully he can help out. Throw as many new bodies on the Oline and hope 20% work out to some degree.

No way we get better with this move. Best move is to draft a T in the draft.

Maybe not in the starting department, but as a guy that can come in and play if there is an injury or if one of the younger guards struggle. I think it helps the team, but you hope he doesn't need to see the field. Our bench improved with this for sure I think.

Maybe not in the starting department, but as a guy that can come in and play if there is an injury or if one of the younger guards struggle. I think it helps the team, but you hope he doesn't need to see the field. Our bench improved with this for sure I think.

Our RT as a whole has been bad so if he's not starting, how bad is he? If he is starting, we're in trouble.

I'm pretty sure his signing doesn't prevent us from taking a T in the draft.

And yes, he does make us better right now. When healthy, he is a better 2nd RT and 3rd G than what we currently have. Not every move is going to for a starting caliber player.

Our RT as a whole has been bad so if he's not starting, how bad is he? If he is starting, we're in trouble.

He's a guard though...I know he was a highly regarded guard a few years back. Not sure if he's played much Tackle.

I think he will be a great insurance policy for Warford should he be injured or struggle.

He's a guard though...I know he was a highly regarded guard a few years back. Not sure if he's played much Tackle.

I think he will be a great insurance policy for Warford should he be injured or struggle.

Originally a RT when coming out of college tho. Played both RG and RT for a few teams. So he's versatile which is good but he needs to stay healthy.

Originally a RT when coming out of college tho. Played both RG and RT for a few teams. So he's versatile which is good but he needs to stay healthy.

Ah. Well he made his money as a Guard in the NFL. But that's good he has some experience at RT.

Sounds like he breaks bones a lot. Not sure if that is an injury concern or just bad luck. Perhaps some people are more prone to broken bones.

Last edited:
He's a very good player. I've been hoping we land him for a fee seasons now. Yes he's had injuries, but which OL hasn't?

When on the field he could start for most teams and he's well above average.

Good signing. He's going to compete with Ola at RT and if someone goes down inside we can bump him to G. Quinn has been making some low key good signings. Very Pats like.

Yep, I like what I've seen so far, wished we would've snagged that safety from the Bengals though

Yep, I like what I've seen so far, wished we would've snagged that safety from the Bengals though

I wish he would have snagged the guy we already had. Isa played really well last year.

Oh well, cant win em all

Back