Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions sign TE Andrew Quarless

cheeno

Michael Rothstein
ESPN Staff Writer

The Lions signed TE Andrew Quarless this morning. This is significant because Quarless was charged last year with firing a gun in public. He also has a two-game suspension. Lions GM Bob Quinn said in his first press conference he had a zero tolerance policy for two things: Domestic violence and gun issues.
Quinn released a statement with the signing this morning.

ad0b937d-e4f6-44cc-98c6-1dcfdc99d909.png

Lots of tight end injuries. Guess they didnt like wicks blocking

Last edited:
It gives wick and mulligan a shot the first two weeks though

"Lions GM Bob Quinn said in his first press conference he had a zero tolerance policy for two things: Domestic violence and gun issues." A SECOND TIME!

Just shows that GM's will say all the right things until they need the talent. Then that all goes out the window and yousign a guy you think can help you win

"Lions GM Bob Quinn said in his first press conference he had a zero tolerance policy for two things: Domestic violence and gun issues." A SECOND TIME!

Who gives a fuck?! Lol. Lions are hurting at the TE spot. They need bodies. And if you looked at the TE FA list, he's one of the best available, believe it or not...

Orson charles was signed in june and had gun charges too. Quarless not even the first. Nobody cares

What the contract look like? Anything guaranteed? For all we know, they have no intention of keeping him longer than thru the pre season. Go get your ass kicked playing in some meaningless games, then kick rocks. Who knows?

Who gives a fuck?! Lol. Lions are hurting at the TE spot. They need bodies. And if you looked at the TE FA list, he's one of the best available, believe it or not...

I do. He says he has a zero tolerance yet he wipes it clean when he needs someone.

To be honest, I think too much is being made about his "zero tolerance" comments. How can you have a zero tolerance policy with a guy you don't have on your team? Zero tolerance in the workplace quite literally means "if you do this, we cut you".

It doesn't mean you never take a guy with a past. It doesn't mean you have a team full of boy scouts. It mean "Hey, if you have any gun or domestic violence infractions as a member of this team, you won't be a member of this team any more".

Sure, you can argue that it would have looked better to never sign him to begin with, but that's not what zero tolerance means. If Quarless pulls a gun out at a beach party again,and is still a Lion the following week, then I agree.

The guy wasn't exactly a superstar TE before he got suspended for a year, so with all the rust, I'm not even convinced he makes the roster. Remains to be seen in my opinion.

To be honest, I think too much is being made about his "zero tolerance" comments. How can you have a zero tolerance policy with a guy you don't have on your team? Zero tolerance in the workplace quite literally means "if you do this, we cut you".

It doesn't mean you never take a guy with a past. It doesn't mean you have a team full of boy scouts. It mean "Hey, if you have any gun or domestic violence infractions as a member of this team, you won't be a member of this team any more".

Sure, you can argue that it would have looked better to never sign him to begin with, but that's not what zero tolerance means. If Quarless pulls a gun out at a beach party again,and is still a Lion the following week, then I agree.

The guy wasn't exactly a superstar TE before he got suspended for a year, so with all the rust, I'm not even convinced he makes the roster. Remains to be seen in my opinion.

It just looks and sounds bad. Most fans don't give a shit if a guy has gun charges or beats his gf / bf / wife / life partner, as long as he performs on the field.

I do. He says he has a zero tolerance yet he wipes it clean when he needs someone.

Write it in your diary then, Mitch lol. Better yet, write a letter to Quinn. Maybe he'll release him for ya, so you're not butthurt over it. They did their homework on it....calm the fuck down.

He's probably better than half our TEs on the roster right now. Lions were desperate for that position anyways.....

It just looks and sounds bad. Most fans don't give a shit if a guy has gun charges or beats his gf / bf / wife / life partner, as long as he performs on the field.

It doesn't look or sound bad at all. You're reaching actually. The Lions released a statement about it and Caldwell even fucking explained it to us why he was signed. Get over it....they NEEDED a player at the TE position.

It doesn't look or sound bad at all. You're reaching actually. The Lions released a statement about it and Caldwell even fucking explained it to us why he was signed. Get over it....they NEEDED a player at the TE position.

don't get me wrong...I'm one of the fans that don't give a shit. They are out there for one reason...to entertain me.

don't get me wrong...I'm one of the fans that don't give a shit. They are out there for one reason...to entertain me.

Entertain you?? This isn't wrestling, buddy. But why should I be surprised of that statement coming from one of the Doom and Gloom members?? You're like Mike Valenti from 97.1....you probably don't even like sports lol

144 yards and 3 tds pettigrew and wright combined in 2015

332 and 3 tds quarless in 2014 when healthy. He is an upgrade

Quarless can block unlike wright and wick

Last edited:
Entertain you?? This isn't wrestling, buddy. But why should I be surprised of that statement coming from one of the Doom and Gloom members?? You're like Mike Valenti from 97.1....you probably don't even like sports lol

yes...entertain. Watching sports is entertainment. What else could it be?

Back