Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Sign WR Tyrell Williams

Holmes said Tuesday he hoped to remake the unit in a fashion similar to what the Los Angeles Rams did in 2017, when they drafted two receivers in the middle rounds, signed a third in free agency and added a fourth by trade.

Holmes said Tuesday he hoped to remake the unit in a fashion similar to what the Los Angeles Rams did in 2017, when they drafted two receivers in the middle rounds, signed a third in free agency and added a fourth by trade.

That's good news for people that want a defensive heavy draft at the top.

This is ok. Like B. said it’s a short term deal. Hopefully it works out. I’d love getting Golden back. He was fantastic in a lions uniform. Who can forget this. Maybe a tad to hot doggy but hey the lions won which we don’t not do much of.

https://youtu.be/12G9ZJ5v2jE

Williams could be a cheaper version of KG on his own one year "tag" and I would agree with that.

If Holmes and company can find two WRs on day 2 or one more FA/one on day 2, I'm all for it too.

Going to be a blood bath of cuts coming due to the lower cap. Plenty to pick from and Lions already got one with potential and good skillset.

If you listened to Campbell’s interviews these past couple days he has mentioned the compensatory pick process multiple times. Maybe I’m reading to much into it, but since Williams was cut it would not factor into that process. Maybe they are thinking of letting our free agents walk to get more comp picks in 2022 and grabbing guys that get cut since there will be a lot of names who get released with the shrinking cap, including a ton from New Orleans.

If you listened to Campbell?s interviews these past couple days he has mentioned the compensatory pick process multiple times. Maybe I?m reading to much into it, but since Williams was cut it would not factor into that process. Maybe they are thinking of letting our free agents walk to get more comp picks in 2022 and grabbing guys that get cut since there will be a lot of names who get released with the shrinking cap, including a ton from New Orleans.

Yep and familiar faces he mentioned. Tyrell Williams is both

Yay.....another staff that likes to bring in "their guys". If it's a bunch of 1 year deals, thats fine.....but I've had enough of that to last a lifetime. Miranelli and his Tampa Bay north......Schwartz and Caldwell didn't do a lot of it, but then the Midwest Patriots group of morons that we are currently trying to get away from.

Bring in a few guys......fine......but lets not make this N.O. Jr.

That being said.....I do like the T. Williams move. Talented guy coming off an injury.....but a shoulder injury for a WR doesn't worry me. It's a good move.

Last edited:
Yay.....another staff that likes to bring in "their guys". If it's a bunch of 1 year deals, thats fine.....but I've had enough of that to last a lifetime. Miranelli and his Tampa Bay north......Schwartz and Caldwell didn't do a lot of it, but then the Midwest Patriots group of morons that we are currently trying to get away from.

Bring in a few guys......fine......but lets not make this N.O. Jr.

That being said.....I do like the T. Williams move. Talented guy coming off an injury.....but a shoulder injury for a WR doesn't worry me. It's a good move.

We have guys from all over though. Eagles (Staley), Campbell (NO), Lynn (Chargers), Holmes (Rams), Wash (Jags), Deleone (Bears), Randel El (Bucs), and Dorsey (Browns/Eagles),

There are other guys to like Duker and Capers too. I think it makes sense to go with guys you know in free agency because it can be very tough to evaluate those guys. It helps to know what their work ethic or attitude is.

That doesn't mean you only sign guys you know, but I would be fine with a lot of guys who have ties to this team like Hendrickson, Marcus Williams, John Johnson, Troy Hill, and many other guys.

3 million cap hit for 2021
2 million salary
2 mil signing bonus with voidable year..so 1 dead next year, 1 mil of it this year for the 3 mil
2.2 million nltbe bonus incentive that may or may not hit next year

Great deal for a good Wr on 3 mil cap hit

Back