Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions trade for Damon Harrison and is voted Lions Defensive Player of 2018

Great value for a 5th rounder given up. Love this trade. Benefits this team this year, next year and if he continues to perform even his 2020 cap hit is acceptable.

Last edited:
Wow, this is a great move, Harrison is exactly the type of player our defense needs.

This is huge. We couldn't even come closer to stopping the run consistently and this should greatly improve that. Plus with RJF showing pass rush skills and Robinson stepping up big the last few games we could be looking at a move that makes our defense competitive.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Makes me feel better about the Lions chances of winning vs the Rams and T. Gurley.

Great value and not just a rental either. Thankfully the Giants are a total dumpster fire right now.

Run stopping DTs are so undervalued. This is a player that will have every bit as big of an impact as an elite DE, but won't get any of the stats.

We needed a big run stopper at DT, we got the best one in the NFL for a 5th round pick. New England fans said when we landed Quinn that we'd love some of his in season moves, well this is one of those moves to love. Harrison just owns the line of scrimmage, he can take 2 blockers on and still move them.

Very nice .. exciting week! Lions in a whole new franchise mode in which maybe the have a shot for glory !

I didn’t win the Mega Millions but yesterday someone from the Lions front office called and I won 2 vip parking tickets with 2 tickets and we get to be on the field for pregame and the National Anthem. Not sure if we are in the tunnel and then on the ten yard line. But the guy seemed really nice on the phone. I told him it’s my first Lions game at Ford Field and i am super excited to win the tickets. I asked my son the non-sports fan who likes football but won’t watch a game on tv . He likes going to them as we went to a wolverine game once . Super excited he wants to go. Wish I could take my daughter and son-in-law as he is a huge Lions fan. I cannot wait until Sunday . Hope they play like they did in Miami!!

Love this trade. Great value even at his salary, which is pretty high. 5th round picks rarely pan out, so this is a great deal for Detroit.

Very nice .. exciting week! Lions in a whole new franchise mode in which maybe the have a shot for glory !

I didn?t win the Mega Millions but yesterday someone from the Lions front office called and I won 2 vip parking tickets with 2 tickets and we get to be on the field for pregame and the National Anthem. Not sure if we are in the tunnel and then on the ten yard line. But the guy seemed really nice on the phone. I told him it?s my first Lions game at Ford Field and i am super excited to win the tickets. I asked my son the non-sports fan who likes football but won?t watch a game on tv . He likes going to them as we went to a wolverine game once . Super excited he wants to go. Wish I could take my daughter and son-in-law as he is a huge Lions fan. I cannot wait until Sunday . Hope they play like they did in Miami!!

Sounds awesome. My brother will be at the game. Section 101. I went with him to the Packers game. I am glad the Lions picked up a beast in the middle.

Sounds awesome. My brother will be at the game. Section 101. I went with him to the Packers game. I am glad the Lions picked up a beast in the middle.

Can't wait.. I will be like a kid in the candy store. Yeah it's only a football but I love the Lions!!! Getting Harriosn is huge !!!!

Yeah it is fun and a nice stadium. That was my 2nd game there, first was Harbaugh and Swartz fight.

I didn?t win the Mega Millions but yesterday someone from the Lions front office called and I won 2 vip parking tickets with 2 tickets and we get to be on the field for pregame and the National Anthem. Not sure if we are in the tunnel and then on the ten yard line. But the guy seemed really nice on the phone. I told him it?s my first Lions game at Ford Field and i am super excited to win the tickets. I asked my son the non-sports fan who likes football but won?t watch a game on tv . He likes going to them as we went to a wolverine game once . Super excited he wants to go. Wish I could take my daughter and son-in-law as he is a huge Lions fan. I cannot wait until Sunday . Hope they play like they did in Miami!!

Very cool. My 7 year old and I will be there. Ford Field is nice (if you haven?t been for any other events). Hope you have a great time.

Back