Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions vs Packers flexed to final game of season.

boogerlovejoy

Seahawks vs Rams is at 4:30 so we?ll know if we?re playing for a playoff spot before the game.

Not bad after a 1-6 start.

Go Rams!!

Credit to DC for getting this young team to play better than expected.... so many teams would fold after a start like that. They gave themselves a shot.

Credit to DC for getting this young team to play better than expected.... so many teams would fold after a start like that. They gave themselves a shot.

I would almost bet that a win IN LAMBEAU this Sunday might lock up coach of the year?

It might not, but it should.

I would almost bet that a win IN LAMBEAU this Sunday might lock up coach of the year?

It might not, but it should.

I think Daboll will get it. Making the playoffs with that roster is pretty damn impressive. A win in Lambeau should make it close, but being in New York probably wins it for Daboll.

so they should just ignore the 1-6 start?

Nope. But to start 1-6 and keep the 2nd youngest team in the NFL believing in what you're preaching.....with the NFL's toughest schedule......is a fantastic coaching job.

Not good. GREAT.

He might not win it, but I bet if the Lions win Sunday he's top 2.

Coach of the Year odds...per MGM....as of 12/27 (most recent i could quickly find)

Nick Sirianni -225
Dan Campbell +250
Kyle Shanahan +2000
Brian Daboll +2500
Kevin O'Connell +2800
Doug Pederson +2800
Robert Saleh +5000
Pete Carroll +8000
Sean McDermott +8000
Andy Reid +8000
Mike McDaniel +10000
Mike McCarthy +10000
Zak Taylor +12500

Last edited:
I don't know why you would give it to the coach of the best roster in the league....esp since he's lost 2 in a row once his qb went down. Daboll, MCDC or Pederson for me. Pederson in jax had a similar story to Mcdc.

Last edited:
Sirianni wouldve been a lock 2 weeks ago. Now that they lost 2 in a row without Hurts kind of proves Hurts is the most valuable on that team.

I don't know why you would give it to the coach of the best roster in the league....esp since he's lost 2 in a row once his qb went down. Daboll, MCDC or Pederson for me. Pederson in jax had a similar story to Mcdc.

Those are probably my 3 too if I had a vote. Kind of funny Campbell kicked the shit out of the other 2

Would you rather the Rams lose and we get pick #5 or Rams lose and shot at playoffs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv7eam0sfZw

The experience of a playoff game, no matter win or lose, would be greater than a somewhat better draft pick, IMO.

Every coach, player, reporter, owner, GM........past and present.....talk about playoff experience and being better for it. A young team like this one would GREATLY benefit from a trip to SF (or Minnesota).

Just my $.02

The experience of a playoff game, no matter win or lose, would be greater than a somewhat better draft pick, IMO.

Every coach, player, reporter, owner, GM........past and present.....talk about playoff experience and being better for it. A young team like this one would GREATLY benefit from a trip to SF (or Minnesota).

Just my $.02

but even if the Rams win, they aren't guaranteed a playoff game.

If we are to be offered a guarantee for the Rams game to me it is pretty simple. I want a Rams win. Even if it still does not guarantee us the playoffs. If the Rams do lose it will be disappointing but the #5 overall pick would just be the nice silver lining to it all is how I view it.

For the last two months this has been the goal for all us fans and the organization. Make the playoffs. You don't just suddenly abandon that goal right at the end just to move up 4 spots in the draft.

I get that #5 is much more valuable than #9. However it is not some franchise crippling difference in my opinion. There is no guarantee as well that whomever gets drafted #5 turns into a stud Pro-Bowl type player either.

I think regardless of where the Lions end up drafting the majority of fans and the organization itself should expect them to compete for the division next season and beyond. Getting in some playoff experience along the way is a great way to boost their chances of winning more in the future, plus it may attract free agent types who see what we are building here.

Doesn't make sense to me to voluntarily give all that up just to move up 4 spots which is still no guarantee you get a great player.

Last edited:
Reactions: 503
Back