Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions vs Raiders Prediction

who we get back??? I need to wait a little before I predict. 3/4 of our D yesterday were backups

Then pick the Raiders. That's why these prediction threads are better early. Too easy picking Sunday morning.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Then pick the Raiders. That's why these prediction threads are better early. Too easy picking Sunday morning.

I'll be in the stadium Sunday morning

Lions 23-21

Getting back some people on our defensive line will help, especially late in the game, they won't be so tired as they were against Vikings. Plus with Palmer being a statue back there, no running ability makes him an easier QB to defend for the Lions.

Lions aren't playing very well, but the Raiders are playing worse. Lions win 31-20

24-10 Lions. Suh back, rested, and upset should knock Palmer off his game, figuratively and literally. Hopefully that will be enough to make up for our mostly dead secondary. The ground game is going to be a problem, but since their defense is pretty bad, we should be able to run up a few scores early and force them to throw. That's going to be our recipe for success. I say we jump out to an early 14-0 lead, then 21-3 by the half. Oakland pulls out a touchdown in the second half off one of our mistakes, but we just manage to hold on and kill time.

With Suh and Kevin Smith back, and the Raiders still missing at least McFadden, and likely 1 of Moore/Ford, the Lions shouldn't have too many problems winning this game. 35-17 Lions

This might be a must win for the Lions. The way SD has been playing lately I think they will beat the Lions next week.

tomdalton22 said:
This might be a must win for the Lions. The way SD has been playing lately I think they will beat the Lions next week.

Sure would like to see Balt not lay a road egg vs. SD, plus Tebow and Co. pull a miracle vs. New England...that would eliminate SD before their visit to Det.

Det 24, Oak 13

no worries, my wife will be with me...she has a 6 game road win streak....2010: TB & MIA
2011: TB, MINN, DALL, DEN

DetRisin said:
tomdalton22 said:

Sure would like to see Balt not lay a road egg vs. SD, plus Tebow and Co. pull a miracle vs. New England...that would eliminate SD before their visit to Det.

Det 24, Oak 13

Yep, it effected Minny. Sometimes a team out of contention with go all out. Plus I want Denver to get their ass kicked even though I don't like NE either.

tsmith7559 said:
no worries, my wife will be with me...she has a 6 game road win streak....2010: TB & MIA

Last game you went we lost. Just send her by herself.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
tsmith7559 said:

Last game you went we lost. Just send her by herself.

no,
grin.png
we have a pregame ritual

lp4ever41 said:
With Suh and Kevin Smith back, and the Raiders still missing at least McFadden, and likely 1 of Moore/Ford, the Lions shouldn't have too many problems winning this game. 35-17 Lions

Ford and Moore both worked out today.....early word is both should be able to go Sunday.

If theyre sending out a healthy set of wrs it could be issues with our lack of secondary. Raiders run game has been non existant the last couple weeks. Its tough predicting any lions win after Webb goes off on you and almost pulls out a miracle win from a 2-11 team. Gave up over 200 yards rushing and if the raiders do what theyre capable of it could be a loooong day for a run defense. Close game...24-21 raiders.

SLICK said:
lp4ever41 said:

Ford and Moore both worked out today.....early word is both should be able to go Sunday.
Eh, still too early to tell

The Raiders put Jacoby Ford (foot) and Denarius Moore (ankle) through workouts Monday morning to gauge their recoveries and the possibility that they might play against the Lions in Week 15.
Ford isn't making cuts, but he reportedly was impressive running in a straight line, showing "a nice burst." There are fewer details on Moore, but the Oakland beat writers seem to believe both have a shot to play against Detroit.

maybe...but losing their last 2...it's time to man up

if you can run you play.

Back