Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions want to interview

jdeb

After being turned down by McClay at Dallas, they have their sights on Seahawks Trent Kirchner... Not sure about that one. We have to do better than this.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

When he worked in the Pro Personnel department, he helped facilitate the trades for Marshawn Lynch and Jimmy Graham as well as the free-agent signings of Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, Tony McDaniel and Sidney Rice. He also was partially responsible for the Percy Harvin and Matt Flynn moves, which didn’t work out so well for the Seahawks.

Scary.

He had every reason to trade for Harvin.. it just didn't pan out. Harvin was an emerging start with a lot of versatility. I did think giving up a 1st was way too much given his headache history and missed time, but it was a clear no brainer to go after him.

Flynn is far more dubious. He became a hot signing after one huge game.. against us no less... and a lot of teams were pushing on that. Seattle outbid them, which is scary.

Flynn came down with a case of Scott Mitchell-itis.

When will these teams learn that a handful of good games does not make a franchise QB?

He had every reason to trade for Harvin.. it just didn't pan out. Harvin was an emerging start with a lot of versatility. I did think giving up a 1st was way too much given his headache history and missed time, but it was a clear no brainer to go after him.

Flynn is far more dubious. He became a hot signing after one huge game.. against us no less... and a lot of teams were pushing on that. Seattle outbid them, which is scary.

Graham, Harvin, Flynn, Rice. Dubious moves IMO. Well we'll see what happens, if this guy turns down an interview that will be interesting.

Graham, Harvin, Flynn, Rice. Dubious moves IMO. Well we'll see what happens, if this guy turns down an interview that will be interesting.

I would disagree bud. Graham, Rice, and Harvin were all very good moves that did not work out well.

31 teams in the league would have traded for Graham. One did, and he didn't do much for them. The coaches couldn't figure out how to use him, or whatever happened. But you can't put that off on the front office.

The Rice signing helped their rebuild, and while he wasn't a "superstar" in Seattle, he wasn't paid like one either. It was a solid signing that a lot of people expected more from, but it wasn't a bad one.

Flynn I agree on.

Why is this Accorsi so great? Why will he get the perfect guy to come here?

Why is this Accorsi so great? Why will he get the perfect guy to come here?

Didn't say he would get the "perfect" guy. I said he would help find good candidates.

Ernie Accorsi has become sort of a contractor for finding candidates for office jobs. He puts together files on people he meets and deals with, and helps identify those guys.

I am not sure who all he has helped find, but supposedly his track record is bust-free. That's a good sign. Of course, it could also mean he's due.

Didn't say he would get the "perfect" guy. I said he would help find good candidates.

Ernie Accorsi has become sort of a contractor for finding candidates for office jobs. He puts together files on people he meets and deals with, and helps identify those guys.

I am not sure who all he has helped find, but supposedly his track record is bust-free. That's a good sign. Of course, it could also mean he's due.

Sorry, no faith in anyone trying to get the "guy." When the President says "White has earned an interview .." I realized we're doomed. What does a GM do in week 10, 12or 15 to win games? What has White done, outside signing rejects from other teams? Granted he couldn't do much but how does he deserve an interview?

Go get Tom Coughlin to be GM and have White work under him.

Go get Tom Coughlin to be GM and have White work under him.

If Caldwell is let go, I would be in total favor of bringing in Coughlin. But for the GM, I would rather have someone with experience in salary cap issues and such.

I'm sure Coughlin knows talent, and can evaluate it very well, but there's a whole lot that goes into being a GM beyond just spotting the talent.

Hopefully the gm and president will understand how to work the cap properly instead of what we had. Just as important we need a gm that can put value on player position in the draft. A little foresight would be nice. Some planners. Sick of bpa when some of those guys weren't bpa.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

If Caldwell is let go, I would be in total favor of bringing in Coughlin. But for the GM, I would rather have someone with experience in salary cap issues and such.

I'm sure Coughlin knows talent, and can evaluate it very well, but there's a whole lot that goes into being a GM beyond just spotting the talent.
He could do it, the guy is brilliant. Besides, that's what the new president is for right? He is a numbers guy.

Bob Quinn - G - Patriots
The Lions will interview Patriots director of pro scouting Bob Quinn for their general manager vacancy

Bob Quinn - G - Patriots
The Lions will interview Patriots director of pro scouting Bob Quinn for their general manager vacancy

I'd be happy with any hire for any position that comes from the Patriot organization.

Bob Quinn - G - Patriots
It will probably be him or Elliot Wolf.

I'd be happy with any hire for any position that comes from the Patriot organization.

My feelings exactly.

Dream is grabbing a GM with strong Patriot/Bill Belichick ties. Then that GM bringing in John Harbaugh (if avail), and keeping Austin/Cooter

Ahh dreams

Its a little disheartening that we hire this accorsi douche months ago.....and the best we can do on day 1 when we should be interviewing is have 2 names of people that we WANT to interview. 1 of which I never heard of and turned us down lol. An XFL guy that played for the Detroit drive turned us down to even INTERVIEW lmao. Nice Accorsi....nice.

Its a little disheartening that we hire this accorsi douche months ago.....and the best we can do on day 1 when we should be interviewing is have 2 names of people that we WANT to interview. 1 of which I never heard of and turned us down lol. An XFL guy that played for the Detroit drive turned us down to even INTERVIEW lmao. Nice Accorsi....nice.

It's a process. Let the process play out before we start judging!

Back