Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

List of the highest grossing films of all-time

That list is fucking bullshit, if you adjust for inflation and higher prices at the box office water world would clearly be #1.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Alice in Wonderland the remake with Depp? Really?

I know... Look I watched it with mt daughter a year or so ago and it is a ok movie in my opinion and then i looked up how much it made and I could not believe how much it grossed..

It's the 3d cost, that's why every movie is made that way now a days (bigger profit margin)

schles192 said:
That list is fucking bullshit, if you adjust for inflation and higher prices at the box office water world would clearly be #1.

Waterworld's rank is 306 LOL worldwide gross $264.2.

I thought if you adjust for inflation it was Gone with the Wind...

Good old Waterworld. LOL

It's crazy to think the highest grossing film was during the great depression.

schles192 said:

No kidding... Pretty weird if you ask me...

I saw the inflation adjusted list a few years back. Gone with the Wind was #1 by Rod Allen's country mile.

I always thought the Harry Potters, Twilights n Titanic were right up there. (The link wont open for me.)

schles192 said:
It's the 3d cost, that's why every movie is made that way now a days (bigger profit margin)

I still don't get the point of 3d. Just a waste of technology IMO. I saw Avatar in 3d but thought the movie content sucked, and that's all that matters to me. In my eyes, it's just another attempt to mask poorly written/uncreative stories with flashy graphics.

schles192 said:
Not really. That's what people did back then. They weren't sitting around watching TV, surfing the web, or playing video games. There wasn't anywhere near as much competition for entertainment back in the day.

Romneybot said:
schles192 said:

I still don't get the point of 3d. Just a waste of technology IMO. I saw Avatar in 3d but thought the movie content sucked, and that's all that matters to me. In my eyes, it's just another attempt to mask poorly written/uncreative stories with flashy graphics.

Exactly.

Shark Night..............3D!

Man Walks Down the Street........................in 3D!!!

schles192 said:
So back when people were poor they went to the movies?

Yeah. Because they were like a nickle. And they gave dishes to people attending movies back then. My mom, born in 1934, would go to 4-5 movies a week when she was a kid. She got her Mother whole sets of dishes they used for years. And they were poor.

What else were they suppose to do, stock market. It was movies, ice skating on the lake and Mumblety-peg.

I know they didn't have shit to do but I would think they wouldn't have the money to go.

schles192 said:
I know they didn't have shit to do but I would think they wouldn't have the money to go.

It was a nickle, for like two movies and cartoons. Even that was cheap. Poor people do stuff too.

Back