Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Livers will enter NBA draft, will have agent

hungry

I don't know what that means with all of the new rules. Does that automatically rule out a return now?

Does not rule out a return. Players can retain an agent to assist through the evaluation and pre-draft process. He just has to end the relationship with the agent if he wants to return to school. Can't remember the date that has to end, but it's probably fluid right now anyway.

The press release certainly reads like he intends on staying in the draft.

EUXcAprXgAEKM5S.jpg

Under a rule change that has come down in the last few years, players are allowed to have an agent through the evaluation, but must sever ties immediately should they decide to return to school. A player may also return to school if he goes undrafted, but only if he was a participant in the NBA Combine.

Dylan Burkhardt
@umhoops
?
14m
Michigan just issued a correction RE: Isaiah Livers NBA Draft declaration:

"Isaiah is NOT hiring an agent, he is seeking advice from multiple individuals."

I'm guessing he didn't write that but whoever is handling his PR is making him look kinda dumb - you can't have a "first and foremost" and a different "most importantly".

Certainly nothing wrong with him going through the process (whatever that looks like this year) and getting feedback. But I am guessing there won't be much NBA buzz with him. Being able to shoot in today's NBA may get someone more of a look than in the past, but his other shortcomings are significant (tweener size, not much ability to create on offense).

Last edited:
Back