Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Loyer

LuciousGameWinner

Kid is a waste of a space on the roster. I?d rather we play the walk on point guard. He is fucking garbage

You're insane. Did you see his mad handles when he drew the foul on Simpson? He even did it falling backwards!

You're insane. Did you see his mad handles when he drew the foul on Simpson? He even did it falling backwards!

Some awful officiating tonight to say the least. Probably 60/40 in MSU?s favor but awful regardless

Some awful officiating tonight to say the least. Probably 60/40 in MSU?s favor but awful regardless

It made it hurt a lot less that MSU played good enough to win anyways. They didn't need the help, I don't think the outcome would have been different, just closer.

Can’t get out rebounded 46-21. Tear up any basketball man card you have when that happens. Michigan was pathetic on the boards. Oh wait just checked again and it’s 46-20.
Not even Mathews helps with that big a disparity. I don’t know if Loyer is a bust yet. I saw his high school Final . The kid can shoot. Just needs confidence.

Last edited:
Simpson pulled his left hand. I'd be more upset with the teske travel late, didn't see much there. There were a few missed calls on MSU, an obvious foul on a mcquaid 3 but we got thr rebound and scored so it might not have mattered. Either way, calls of the game were typical life on the road. There was a hone team bias but not egregious

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not sure what you saw but he was functional in that game. Cash picked up his 2nf foul and we were down 10, then only down 6 at half. Not loyers doing but at least he wasn't a hole in the boat

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’ve ripped Loyer all year for being 5’5” and basically useless but I thought he was fairly commendable in relief on Saturday. I can’t think of a turnover by him, defense was fine, missed an open 3 which was a bit disappointing since it would have been a big confident booster for him.

When it's all said and done Loyer will be ok. Definitely he has some physical limitations but he flat out dominated, and won, for 2 years in High School on a team that didn't have much else in the way of D1 talent (other than Kithier last year who obviously wasn't allowed to play, think they had another big guy who signed with Wisconsin who's a bit of a project). He can't do anything about his height, but he needs to work on his body some this offseason to get leaner and harder (and hopefully a bit more athletic in the process). I seriously doubt he's forgotten how to shoot or handle the ball.

he could end up having a Mark Montgomery type career - granted, he's about 4" shorter but when Montgomery would come in as a freshman, it was panic time because you knew the lead was at risk but by his senior year, he was the guy you wanted on the floor running the show. I'm not saying that's what's going to happen or that he's gonna turn into the next Scot Skiles, but give him time.

Loyer scoring 14 points in game 1 of the tourney was nice, but wasn't the most important thing I saw from him this weekend. He showed an improved ability to get us into our offense and run the show. He had a couple great passes yesterday against a very good defense. He's shown he can be trusted to run our offense for small stretches.

Next year he'll be a more adequate backup to cash, but I expect Rocket Watts to get a lot of time at both guard spots too.

Loyer scoring 14 points in game 1 of the tourney was nice, but wasn't the most important thing I saw from him this weekend. He showed an improved ability to get us into our offense and run the show. He had a couple great passes yesterday against a very good defense. He's shown he can be trusted to run our offense for small stretches.

Next year he'll be a more adequate backup to cash, but I expect Rocket Watts to get a lot of time at both guard spots too.

I expect Loyer to transfer after next year. Winston, Langford and Watts will eat up all the G minutes. Loyer will be the odd man out.

I expect Loyer to transfer after next year. Winston, Langford and Watts will eat up all the G minutes. Loyer will be the odd man out.

No way he transfers. A red-shirt is possible though. And Watts is not a pure PG, he's more of a combo guard and will play the 2 plenty. He can score in bunches. So going forward, Loyer and Watts will play together some.

Watts reminds me of Keith Appling in that he can play point, but he’s better as a scorer. He’s probably a little taller than Appling, but both are really strong. Watts is probably a little better shooter in high school than Appling was, but maybe not quite the athlete.

Watts was dominant this season on a travel team loaded with D1 talent. He had a game where he scored almost 60 and scored over 40 several towns. He really took getting snubbed for the McD’s All American game personally and went out the next night and scored like 55. He might not be a 1 and done, but he’s close.

Last edited:
Who says Watts is coming to MSU? This is Izzo after all...some people are saying FSU

I'd be surprised if he saw limited minutes due to that lineup and then decided to leave after Winston and Langford graduate - unless Izzo lands some elite PG in next year's class.

Back