Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Madden 13

Wow actually trying to address some issues. Dare I get my hopes up?

I'll probably just wait until a month or two after the game is release and read some forums on how people like it.

Washington Redskins?

Anywho I just played NCAA 13 and it is pretty much the worst garbage on the face of the earth, repackaged crap with horrible physics and graphics that have somehow regressed. The better have pulled some developers off NCAA to improve Madden because if Madden is as bad as NCAA I'm out for good.

Ncaa feels just like Madden did last year... So shouldn't you already be out??

Ncaa feels just like Madden did last year... So shouldn't you already be out??

Yes I should, I might take a wait and see approach like Mitch. Zoom can fill us in. Sucks that my favorite sport gets the worst video game treatment.

Last edited:
Do they come out with a demo for Madden? And if yes, early or after release?

I don't ever get all the complaints..it's a video game..it's still a great game imo. I understand the beef of paying for a game that is crazy similar to the last $60 you spent but I don't get why the game is trash...

Sure there are a few things I don't like about it but I have the same issues with any other game I play. I can play Madden, NCAA, The Show or NBA2k for hours. The games don't suck, you guys are just expecting to much I think. Obviously these games are tweaked each year, not revolutionized.

I don't ever get all the complaints..it's a video game..it's still a great game imo. I understand the beef of paying for a game that is crazy similar to the last $60 you spent but I don't get why the game is trash...

Sure there are a few things I don't like about it but I have the same issues with any other game I play. I can play Madden, NCAA, The Show or NBA2k for hours. The games don't suck, you guys are just expecting to much I think. Obviously these games are tweaked each year, not revolutionized.

Well, I think for me some games are very similar from 1 year to the next and the one after and the one after but 60 bucks more. NBA 12 or 2k or whatever NBA is the same but I care little about the players so it doesn't matter if I get to play with new rookies. So I'll get an NBA game every 5 years or so. Same with Fifa, I don't know any of those guys so I can play the same version for a bunch of years.

Madden is different because the rookies are elite talent, I care more about the NFL so you "have" to buy it. But its beginning to wane on me for 60 bucks a year.

Now the Show, IMO, is different. I enjoy that game and for me its worth it. RTTS is the best. It blows 2K away and it has to keep improving because there is competition. Madden can sit on its ass and it will sell.

Well, I think for me some games are very similar from 1 year to the next and the one after and the one after but 60 bucks more. NBA 12 or 2k or whatever NBA is the same but I care little about the players so it doesn't matter if I get to play with new rookies. So I'll get an NBA game every 5 years or so. Same with Fifa, I don't know any of those guys so I can play the same version for a bunch of years.

Madden is different because the rookies are elite talent, I care more about the NFL so you "have" to buy it. But its beginning to wane on me for 60 bucks a year.

Now the Show, IMO, is different. I enjoy that game and for me its worth it. RTTS is the best. It blows 2K away and it has to keep improving because there is competition. Madden can sit on its ass and it will sell.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts too beez. And I don;t know if anyone plays the EA NHL series but why the hell is it that they can make a good, deep, NHL game while Madden stays the same or gets worse.

Last edited:
This pretty much sums up my thoughts too beez. And I don;t know if anyone plays the EA NHL series but why the hell is it that they can make a good, deep, NHL game while Madden stays the same or gets worse.

I like NHL EA too. They do a pretty good job and there play as a pro is really good.

I buy NHL every year and NHL 13 looks to be even better, too bad Datsyuk isnt on the cover.

But, there are some big flaws in that game too. I play NHL and Madden a ton, and I mean a ton. For example in NHL, if you catch a computer skater flat footed and blow past him that computer will somehow catch back up (even though he is out of position, im going full speed, and my forward is almost always faster than that dman). The AI in general is all messed up and the goalies will be fooled by the same stupid stuff over and over again.

When it comes to sport games in general there are always going to be complaints. The main problem that Madden has is most of the problems in Madden '06 were still in Madden '12. They fix many things and add to this and that but somehow ignore the pleas of the actual gamer. Well it finally looks like they are actually paying attention to us, and actually if you go to the EA Forum for Madden they actually read it now.

NHL EA is another game that I don't care about the NHL players and whatnot so I have NHL 11 and that will be good until NHL 15-16 or so.

Mitchrapp you must not play online I take it. Nearly the only thing I do in NHL is play the club matches.

"Stafford can throw the ball farther than any QB in “Madden,”"

Oh just learned this gem as well. There is no potential ratings in madden 13! Yay so happy about this. Now players progress based on performance only

Back