Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Madden Football 2012

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]I only play 10 minutes, and there is an auto-run off this year so it is like playing 7 minute quarters last year.

I play at 8 minutes. Your stats are obviously ridiculous lol...you need to reduce your time lol.

I'm just that good. I routinely score over 100 points. All skill

Did you say you don't pay All Madden because stats would all be messed up? Should I remind you: Lol.

Stafford 6,500+ yds, 79 TD, 63%
Best 1950 yds 28 TD
CJ 2250 yds 37 TD
Young 1250 yds 13 TD
Burleson 1050 yds 11 TD (in 6 games due to injury)
Pettigrew 850 yds 12 TD

Suh 28 sacks
KVB 26 sacks
Avril 18.5 sacks
Williams 12 sacks
Fairley 14 sacks

For me All Madden isn't an option. I'd go 0-16 and I'd be blown out every game.

All-Madden honestly just pisses me off. You could have Suh go against a 60 rated RG, and be pancaked 6 or 7 times.

[color=#551A8B said:
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]All-Madden honestly just pisses me off. You could have Suh go against a 60 rated RG, and be pancaked 6 or 7 times.

Its all about the fun so have at it. But I'd think All Madden would be more competitive.

Thats why I play the playoffs on All-Madden. Instead of winning 127 - 13 I win 56 - 24

Just for s&g I played a game on All Madden. 42-0 at half, I was losing. I quit :)

Yep. I stick to playing the Lions. But I just did a drafted franchise.

I have always been a very good Madden player but I have to say this game is MUCH harder. I played all of my franchises on All Madden last year and routinely kicked ass. This year I was 3-2 on all pro. Passing seems to be the biggest differnce. Guys just dont seem to seperate like before. I'm actually pretty please with the new challenge it presents but I have to admit, after routinely gashing the cpu last year I was a bit discouraged my 1st few games. I'm still whooping every humans ass in the game thus far though with a 3-0 record, all wins by at least 17.

I just lost to Tampa 10-9 on All Pro. It actually was like the Titans Rams SB. On my 40 with 12 seconds left and no timeouts and I throw a long pass, completed at the 5, breaks a tackle before stretching at the goal line only to come up short, hehe.

But its competetive for me on All Pro so I'll stick with this level. I wouldn't enjoy a game as much if I just smoke everyone.

The zone coverage system is what has changed Beez, in year's past the defender would cover his zone and not pay attention to receivers running through it. Now those defenders will follow those receivers till they leave their zone. It equates to smaller windows to throw the ball. I myself have thrown more INTs then ever before.

Only reason I don't play on All-Madden all the time is because my stats would be horrible for the season, especially my running numbers which would then affect the progression of my RBs and Oline.

Just got through the offseason, won the Super Bowl against the Steelers on All-Madden (that was hard that Defense is killer, Troy P is all over the field). Won 48 - 27.

Thanks to some draft pick trading, I was able to secure LT Nate Solder, RT Tyron Smith. Then through the draft I got some great picks and some bad ones. After all the trading I had 1 first round pick, 1 2nd, 2 3rds, 4,5,6,7.

Got a CB in the first (I scouted him on a visit which unlocks all stats) He is a 84, Pot. A, with great everything. He already has the role of Shutdown Corner. Next, I drafted an OG ended up being a 68, pot. D so I cut him. 3rd Round got another OG (rated 83, Pot. A) and a DE (83, pot. A). Rest of my draft I got only two other decent players, a WR rated 75 potential B, and a CB 71, potential B.

After the offseason I looked at the Trade Block, and the Texans were getting rid of Brian Cushing, so I through and offer in their for WR Steve Smith (who I signed in FA) and they took it.

QB - Stafford (83)/ T. Pryor / Rookie Scrub
RB - Best (87)/ LeShoure (78) / Harrison
FB - UDFA
WR - CJ (97) / Young (78) / Burleson (77) / Rookie (75) / Austin Pettis / Logan
TE - Pettigrew (86) / Sheffler (75)
OL - Solder (84)/ Sims (82) / Max Unger (74) / Rookie (83) / Smith (83)

DL - Avril (87) / Suh (97) / Williams (86) / Fairley (84) / Rookie (83) / KVB (80)
LB - Tulloch (89) / Cushing (87) / Levy (80) / Durant (80)
CB - Dominique Rodgers Cromartie (89) / Rookie (84) / Houston (79) / Smith (78) / Rookie (71)
S - Delmas (86) / Speivey (83)

Got a rookie kicker and punter, both pretty bad.

I am thinking after this season Best will be a 90, LeShoure 84, Young 82, and the offensive line should see some nice boosts as well. Fairley should jump to 88-90 range, while my rookie defensive end should go up to 88+ as well. Tulloch / Cushing could both enter 90 plateau, while my CB duo should be 89+

Will have to scout some kicker / punter for the draft next year. And might have to look into upgrading Levy if he doesn't show improvement. I believe Houston and Smith are both FA as well in my next offseason.

4 games into the 2nd season. Best got hurt at the end of my first game after getting like 120yds, he is out till week 8. Leshoure has been an absolute beast for me, he is leading the league in rushing despite one less game played. Throwing less INTs this year, getting better at that. Suh though is UNCONTAINABLE in the 2nd year rated 97, he has 15 sacks already and about 5 of those are user controlled.

Man you must be a monster. On all pro I've been putting up like 28 points a game. 189 yards passing and 100 yards rushing. I throw like an 80% comp% but I cant go down field.

Beez said:
Man you must be a monster. On all pro I've been putting up like 28 points a game. 189 yards passing and 100 yards rushing. I throw like an 80% comp% but I cant go down field.

Ironic. I can go down field well but short passes I'm throwing pick 6's.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
Beez said:

Ironic. I can go down field well but short passes I'm throwing pick 6's.

Yeah I dont know what it is. I'm a really good Madden player (or at least I was)... I finished last year online at about 55-15 I think. Regularly would blow the cpu out on all madden but this year I seem to be struggling. I just cant compile any kind of stats. Granted I'm playing with Jacksonville and a slew of year 1 free agents but still, that would not have gotten in the way last year. I created an LA team and took all of Jacksonville's players. (Then replaced Jax with LA)

Beez to throw downfield is easy just have to know what the Defense is playing. Like Chicago is the easiest team to throw deep on in Madden, they always play Cover 2. So go twin formation and that inside receiver on deep routes will be open, or at worst 1v1 against the Safety. If thats the case just angle the pass away from the safety when you throw it. Simple. However be careful throwing it over the middle against the Bears, stupid Urlacher.

Back