Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Magglio

Never thought I'd ever see the day when Ordonez would be such a liability in all aspects of the game for the Tigers. Other historically "heroic" Tigers stars, of course, over the years, gradually lost what athleticism and esp. bat speed that they possessed, but IMO, not quite as quickly and so dramatically as Magglio has, even compared to last season. Is that an indication of his perhaps taking PEDs or roids in the past? I must give him the benefit of the doubt in both of those cases, but still...

Magglio's "better days" are now behind him, and in just about two more months, time will mark 5 years already that have passed (quickly) since what obviously was the one game that represents the absolute pinnacle of his career not only as a Tiger, but as a major league baseball player. It may be too bad that it appears quite likely, absent a "magical" postseason that would need to turn out better than the '06 WS result, that he will never get the WS championship ring that his former team-mates on the White Sox were able to win and acquire, just the very year after Ordonez left to sign with the Tigers:

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=12602373#/copy

Turok said:
Never thought I'd ever see the day when Ordonez would be such a liability in all aspects of the game for the Tigers. Other historically "heroic" Tigers stars, of course, over the years, gradually lost what athleticism and esp. bat speed that they possessed, but IMO, not quite as quickly and so dramatically as Magglio has, even compared to last season. Is that an indication of his perhaps taking PEDs or roids in the past? I must give him the benefit of the doubt in both of those cases, but still...

Magglio's "better days" are now behind him, and in just about two more months, time will mark 5 years already that have passed (quickly) since what obviously was the one game that represents the absolute pinnacle of his career not only as a Tiger, but as a major league baseball player. It may be too bad that it appears quite likely, absent a "magical" postseason that would need to turn out better than the '06 WS result, that he will never get the WS championship ring that his former team-mates on the White Sox were able to win and acquire, just the very year after Ordonez left to sign with the Tigers:

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=12602373#/copy
I don't give him the benifit of the doubt. I believe that he was taking PEDs during his peak years.

Back