Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Man Up

LKP

Man up and give me your projections on the following:

I say Lions have a top 5 offense. 28-30 PPG
I say the Lions have a top 5 defense. 18 PPG given up

I say Stafford has a 100 QB rating (top 5)

And I say the Lions win 11 games in the regular season. Plus win one playoff game at least.

Give me your predictions. Man up. No waffling. the negative nancies I want your predictions.

Go.

Man up and give me your projections on the following:

I say Lions have a top 5 offense. 28-30 PPG
I say the Lions have a top 5 defense. 18 PPG given up

I say Stafford has a 100 QB rating (top 5)

And I say the Lions win 11 games in the regular season. Plus win one playoff game at least.

Give me your predictions. Man up. No waffling. the negative nancies I want your predictions.

Go.

I'll play along..

Defense - Top 10.
Run Defense - Top 5.
Pass Defense - 20-25.

Offense: 24 PPG.
Defense: 19 PPG.

Wins: 9-10. Wildcard.

Edit:

Matt: 85.2, 27 TD's, 16 INT.
Calvin: 1400 Yards.

By man up I hope that means no complaining about injuries.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Defense: Top 12 @ 22 PPG
Offense: Top 15 @ 22 PPG

Stafford: 17th @ 89.0 QB Rating (Lowest Rated QB in the North)

Record 9-7 Tied for 2nd in division miss playoffs. Think the schedule is tough the way it is scheduled (3 of 4 on the road to start and finish the season) Could start out 1-4.

Hoping I'm wrong.

History is against the 10 wins happening, but I nonetheless say with complete confidence:

Lions 19-0
#1 Offense
#1 Defense

Stafford #1 QB 6000 yards 60 TDs
RBs 3000 yards 30 TDs

History is against the 10 wins happening, but I nonetheless say with complete confidence:

Lions 19-0
#1 Offense
#1 Defense

Stafford #1 QB 6000 yards 60 TDs
RBs 3000 yards 30 TDs

No way Matt gets 6000 yards.

Defense top 18
Offense top 14

I think Stafford has a huge year. And if he doesn't hes a huge piece of shit cause we catered our entire team around shit he "needs" for the last 6 years. need more weapons...got more weapons. Need a better defense...got a better defense. Need a better run game....got a new oline. Stafford has literally run out of excuses. Hes great this year....or he blows donkey dick.

Lions win atleast 9. Anything can happen when you get to the show...but they have a lot of work to do to get there.

ARI
SEA
STL
DAL
PHI
GB
Plus South winner
...all potentially better

MIN and Giants right there in the mix. Lions have a lot of work to do to just make it in. they couldn't even do that without a healthy Arod so im not getting my hopes up.

9 wins and no playoffs should be their floor. 10 wins and 1 playoff win should be the expectation if your expectation is they should be improving in year 2 of a coaching overhaul and is probably their ceiling. 10 wins and no playoff win is probably a fair expectation.

Last edited:
Lions are the most talented team in NFC. Phi, zona, Dallas and Rams are jokes. Gb loses Nelson and has a shit defense. Seattle has major oline problems

Stafford has been dealt a shit hand the last three years with injuries, run support, protection in 2014.

He deserves a defense. He deserves an average run game. He deserves above average protection. He does not deserve Calvin out five, top back out 7, new oline every week, te problems, and a shit number 3.

Stafford will be elite this year. 100 qb rating. Top 5 qb. The weapons, oline, run game and protection look very good on paper. And year 2 of the offense is beyond huge

Last edited:
Lions are the most talented team in NFC. Phi, zona, Dallas and Rams are jokes. Gb loses Nelson and has a shit defense. Seattle has major oline problems

Stafford has been dealt a shit hand the last three years with injuries, run support, protection in 2014.

He deserves a defense. He deserves an average run game. He deserves above average protection. He does not deserve Calvin out five, top back out 7, new oline every week, te problems, and a shit number 3.

Stafford will be elite this year. 100 qb rating. Top 5 qb. The weapons, oline, run game and protection look very good on paper. And year 2 of the offense is beyond huge

wow...a 100 QB rating? 7th year in the league and finally get above that mark. What an accomplishment! Elite QBs routinely achieve that mark. Hell, AR has a career QB rating of 106.0!

Funny...AR lost his #1 WR for the year and I would bet my mortgage payment that he has a higher QB rating this year than dough boy!

Defense - Top 15.
Run Defense - Top 15.
Pass Defense - 20-25.

Offense: 24 PPG.
Defense: 24 PPG.

Wins: 8-8.

Matt: 83.2, 25 TD's, 19 INT.
Calvin: 1200 Yards.
Tate: 1300 Yards.
Bell: 450 yard rushing
Abdullah: 1,000 yard rushing

Offense: Top 10(26ppg)
Defense: Top 10(20ppg)

Stafford: 90.0, 34 TD, 15int
Megatron: 1200
Tate: 1200
Ebron: 600
Bell: 800/250
AA: 500/400

Record: 11-5

I actually really like this team a lot...don't know why, but I've got a good feeling. Lot's of vodka in my Honolulu Blue Kool-Aid:

This is a 11-5, maybe 12-4 squad. Home playoff game with a win and maybe more. Stafford gets the road victory monkey off of his back and Teryl Austin gets a head coaching gig.

We have a very good roster still despite the DT changes. Ngata and Walker can play. Ansah, Tulloch, Levy,Slay,Mathis, Quin can play. Jones, Dig and Whitehead and Wilson can do enough in support.

Plus we should trust our coaching staff after last year.

This offense will be much better in year 2 with the OLine and run game upgrades.

Offense: Top 15 - 24 ppg
Defense: Top 15 - 22 ppg

Stafford: Top 20 - 88.5 QB Rating

Record: 8-7-1 - Miss playoffs

Offense: Top 12 - 25 ppg (increase of 5 ppg from 2014)
Defense: Top 20 - 23 ppg (increase of 6 ppg from 2014)

Stafford: Top 15 - 91.7 QB Rating (increase of 6.0 from 2014 where he finished 21st)

Record: 9-7 (Wild Card, 1st round loss)

Offense - #9 with 24.6 ppg
Defense - #15 with 22.5 ppg

Stafford - 4700 yards 28 Tds 16 INTs

Record 9-7 Miss playoffs due to tiebreakers

Alright.......prediction time.

Lions go 11-5 again. Make playoffs. Win one game.

I have zero idea why those numbers stick in my head......but they do. I cannot shake my thought that this team will be better than last years......and they'll need it. Minnesota took a step forward and GB is GB.

Stats:

Stafford. 62% 4524 yards. 33 TD. 16 INTS. Stafford continues to be frustratingly inconsistent.....but has many more good moments than last year.

CJ - 1240 8 TD. CJ starts to show his age JUST A BIT. not much......but enough to limit his downfield throws this year

Tate - 1380 11 TD. Another shot in the dark. I think Tate is poised for a monster year.

Ebron - 650. 6 TD Ebron makes people forget last year.....but not well enough to forget he was picked 10th. 10th!!!!!!

Fuller - 400 3 TD

Riddick - 55 for 450. 3TD

Abdullah - 790 rush - 450 rec - 5TD

Bell - 1000 yds rush - 300 rec - 10 TD

Lions go 8-8.
Offense finishes ranked 13th in points scored.
Defense finishes ranked 9th in points given up.
Stafford 4600 yards, 27 td's, 14 interceptions

And then depending on how many major injuries we see....well it all goes to shit.

I think we had a lot of games where we didn't face great QBs last year (Clausen, Geno, Manuel, Bridgewater twice with no Peterson etc), and while we had some unbelievable comebacks, we also gave games away early with the kicking game. So those sorts of things even out.

I think with a more difficult schedule and a defense that can't possibly be as good as last year, we finish at 9-7, and just miss out on the playoffs.

Offense finishes 14th in points scored, defense finishes 8th in points allowed. Stafford has 4100 yards, 29 TDS, 13 Ints.

Back