Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ManRam may push Swanson to backup

cheeno

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9642/travis-swanson

Not saying much here but wouldn't commit to Swammy Samsonite at Center, he's not cracking Guard unless Warford is really in bad shape. I think they see him sitting behind ManRam for another year at least. Makes sense ManRam starting with a $3M salary.

Competition never hurt anybody. You root for Swanson obviously though.

Swanson might need one more year of development, but I really hope he is good to go this year.

Hey guys. ...remember when we took him over Kareem Martin, nix iii, dante moncrief and martavious bryant?

Swanson played well when he had to. He usually struggled his fist few plays when he came in cold but when he got warmed up and into the flow he did well.

Nix iii had an amazing year last year. He managed to play in just 3 games and had 0 total tackles. Martin wasnt much better. He played in 5 games had 8 total tackles and 1 sack.. Moncrief played well as did Bryant but we needed a center and I still think he will be solid.

Uh oh, a 3rd round guy may.. MAY.. need time to develop more behind a veteran. And how do we know this? Because Rotoworld speculates so.

Blown pick!

Not a blown pick...just another mayhew pick that doesnt produce. No big deal. Holeless superbowl champs!

Why? I want the better player, don't care who it is. Both will be on this team next year regardless.

Right there... I want the best guy on the field. I don't care where he was picked, if he was picked, or how much he's getting paid.

But more importantly, has anyone heard Coach Caldwell say Swanson needed another year? Has anyone heard Mayhew say Manny will be a Center for us next year?

A line coach refused to commit to a given player as a starter... and he shouldn't If an UDFA QB comes in and takes Stafford's job, or Calvins, or whoever, then the best guy should play. Rotoworld is jumping to an extreme conclusion based on a coach who hasn't even had his guys in camp yet to see who wins the job.

You don't hand out starting jobs in May. Swanson should win the job. He played well Week 17 as a rookie center. He's adding strength as we speak.

And of course you want the young guy with 2 years remaining on the contract to win the job. If Man Ram is the better player then you want him starting, but like I said, you root for Swanson to be better.

You don't hand out starting jobs in May. Swanson should win the job. He played well Week 17 as a rookie center. He's adding strength as we speak.

And of course you want the young guy with 2 years remaining on the contract to win the job. If Man Ram is the better player then you want him starting, but like I said, you root for Swanson to be better.

Swanson played because our starting center was suspended because he stomped on some dudes head.

Swanson played because our starting center was suspended because he stomped on some dudes head.

Who cares. He played well. He needs to add strength. He is doing that right now.

Swanson with strength should win the job.

Who cares. He played well. He needs to add strength. He is doing that right now.

Swanson with strength should win the job.

I misread what you wrote. I thought you wrote: He played week 17 as a rookie center. I missed the word "well".

I thought you were trying to imply as a rookie he earned the starting center job.

If Swanson can get stronger, improve and win the job, I'm all for it.

Back