Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mario Williams?

Sounds like the Bears wont get Mario Williams, the deal is getting too rich and appears the Bills are in the lead--with the most money

sansumo said:
Sounds like the Bears wont get Mario Williams, the deal is getting too rich and appears the Bills are in the lead--with the most money
Sounds like $18 million to me.

Mario Williams - LB - Texans

Free agent Mario Williams will visit the Bills on Tuesday evening, and a league source tells the Buffalo News the Bills are "committed to making him the top-paid defensive player in the league."

Some of these bottom feeders look like they are getting sick of being bottom feeders and are offering the cash.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Some of these bottom feeders look like they are getting sick of being bottom feeders and are offering the cash.

they actually have a decent offense , and 2 good DLine men alreayd with Stroud and Dareus and are switching back to a 4 - 3 it would be a great signing.

I agree and to compete for a playoff spot they need a bunch more help.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I agree and to compete for a playoff spot they need a bunch more help.

ya at least another draft class and a full year in the 4 -3...plus that division they're in isn't exactly easy.

SLICK said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I agree and to compete for a playoff spot they need a bunch more help.

ya at least another draft class and a full year in the 4 -3...plus that division they're in isn't exactly easy.

If manning ends up in Miami that division is flat out disgusting.

zyxt9 said:
detroit1811 said:
Someone else said this

Schefter back on, said the Lions have been looking for a way to bring in Mario by freeing up capspace and when it didnt seem likely they tagged Avril. So thats that people took it out of context

Still if we had that much interest in him where we were trying to find ways to free up space to get him you'd think they'd still be interested considering they have yet to commit to Avril. Whos knows FA just needs to start already my guess is we wait a few days and let the big deals gets hammered out and scour the 2nd and 3rd tier FA's along with some trades.

How dare u suggest the lions go after "mediocre" talent at the 2nd and 3rd tier FA type! According to many on here, that would make you a moron. Just trying to give you fair warning.

Nice back pedal. You're worse than Eric Wright, bro.

If im Peyton im cancelling my visit to the Dolphins if the bills get Mario lol. Mario, NE and the Jets all twice a year or i go to Denver and walk into the Playoffs...no brainer still.

good news...bears are out

NFL.com's Jason La Canfora reports free agent DE/OLB Mario Williams will leave Buffalo without signing, and is expected to make at least one more visit.
The Bills had Williams right where they wanted him, but couldn't seal the deal. Williams does not appear to be ruling out taking his talents to Buffalo, but the odds have certainly decreased. It's unknown where else Williams is planning to visit, but NFL.com's Michael Lombardi reported Tuesday the Bears have dropped out of the running.

mhughes0021 said:
good news...bears are out

NFL.com's Jason La Canfora reports free agent DE/OLB Mario Williams will leave Buffalo without signing, and is expected to make at least one more visit.
The Bills had Williams right where they wanted him, but couldn't seal the deal. Williams does not appear to be ruling out taking his talents to Buffalo, but the odds have certainly decreased. It's unknown where else Williams is planning to visit, but NFL.com's Michael Lombardi reported Tuesday the Bears have dropped out of the running.

I'll believe it when he signs somewhere other than Chicago.

Back