Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Marvin Robinson Leaves Team

kinda dumb. might as well finish out your career at that point. are these guys leaving school too?

kinda dumb. might as well finish out your career at that point. are these guys leaving school too?

It's possible Mike Jones has already. He was part of the 2009 class. That's 4 years. It is odd though that they waited through two head coaches, and three defensive coordinators for 3 and 4 years before transferring. At this point, just stay. I can't imagine it will do them much good to go elsewhere.

Last edited:
It's possible Mike Jones has already. He was part of the 2009 class. That's 4 years. It is odd though that they waited through two head coaches, and three defensive coordinators for 3 and 4 years before transferring. At this point, just stay. I can't imagine it will do them much good to go elsewhere.

I agree.

but I guess there may be other considerations... if they know they're not going to get a chance to really play or contribute, no sense waking up early every morning to go work out and then spend another 2 hours of punishment on the field.

...or maybe they just want to party more. I knew a couple guys that realized they were never going to have a football career and dropped off the team for that instead.

they're only human.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly the abundance of talent between Team 134 and Project 135 is scaring away some of the RR-era recruits....

both are from Florida so I doubt they are staying in school here with out a scholarship

could also be academic reasons for not staying

i mean i agree stay and finish education here on scholarship but maybe they weren't cutting it school wise

Last edited:
Clearly the abundance of talent between Team 134 and Project 135 is scaring away some of the RR-era recruits....

I do recall that "officially" at least (by which I mean those scientific rankings conducted by rivals and scout) recruiting didn't suffer too badly under RR, right?

makes you wonder how many of our recruits get bumped up just because they're our recruits, and whether the system RR and his staff used to evaluate and target recruits was worthwhile.

i suppose if true, this is yet another reason to ignore rivals and scout completely.

I do recall that "officially" at least (by which I mean those scientific rankings conducted by rivals and scout) recruiting didn't suffer too badly under RR, right?

makes you wonder how many of our recruits get bumped up just because they're our recruits, and whether the system RR and his staff used to evaluate and target recruits was worthwhile.

i suppose if true, this is yet another reason to ignore rivals and scout completely.

Mike jones was never a highly ranked recruit but Robinson was and is a physical specimen. He was just god awful in coverage and should have been playing will.

Yeah, Robinson was always okay ...but clearly some of these guys are sensing their PT will be given to younger, more talented and newer Hoke "system" guys.

Back