Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matt Weiss Placed On Leave

Well this doesn?t looks great. Do we even know what is going on ? article is kind of vague ? What are computer access crimes ?

Last edited:
Well this doesn?t looks great. Do we even know what is going on ? article is kind of vague ? What are computer access crimes ?

like he hacked into someone's account, or logged into someone else's account? (I'm really hoping that's all it is)

This can?t be good for recruiting :(

Since Warde has been the AD.
They have won some Big ten titles

Hockey coach is gone as he should be.
Hutch Retired
Best baseball coach in decades gets more money at Clemson :(
Jim and Warde can?t seem to get along.
Weiss is in big trouble.
Football issues with Smith and Edwards.
Howard punches a coach and tussles with Maryland coach.
I?m sure I?m missing something.

Last edited:
This can?t be good for recruiting :(

Since Warde has been the AD.
They have won some Big ten titles

Hockey coach is gone as he should be.
Hutch Retired
Best baseball coach in decades gets more money at Clemson :(
Jim and Warde can?t seem to get along.
Weiss is in big trouble.
Football issues with Smith and Edwards.
Howard punches a coach and tussles with Maryland coach.
I?m sure I?m missing something.

It sounds like you've been hanging out with too many MSU fans.

like he hacked into someone's account, or logged into someone else's account? (I'm really hoping that's all it is)

that would probably be the "best case scenario"

I read a report that the police searched his home as well, which to me hints toward something much worse.

Last edited:
MSU fans & the RCMB whenever something bad (or even vaguely bad) happens to UM or anyone associated with the University:

Blank+_049ddf884e948e8426ec305a6dfcf273.jpg

that would probably be the "best case scenario"

I read a report that the police searched his home as well, which to me hints toward something much worse.

The University PD is conducting the investigation, not the FBI, so that hints me toward something... not that bad. Maybe related to the NCAA investigation, or deleting information related to that.

The University PD is conducting the investigation, not the FBI, so that hints me toward something... not that bad. Maybe related to the NCAA investigation, or deleting information related to that.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports...im-harbaugh-refusal-delays-ncaa-case-michigan

This story makes me think you are 100% right. It talks about him accessing emails. This is probably good news for Weiss but bad news for Harbaugh and the UM program. Small infractions are usually dealt with lightly, coverups, not so much.

Weiss has been fired. No other details I've seen.

CBSSports notes the University isn't saying much. From CBS: "A Jan. 5 report in the university's Daily Crime & Fire Log references "fraudulent activity involving someone accessing university emails accounts without authorization," but Weiss is not specifically mentioned."

if anyone remembers the Michigan Daily Crime Notes... I don't know if that's what they're referring to, but I don't think you can use that as a source, LOL.

Wonder what he did? Access someone else's email... to do what exactly? Harass someone? steal personal information he didn't have access to? I was thinking it might be about money, but I believe all their salaries are public info

I guess we'll never know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back