Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Mattison presser today

TheWolverines24 said:
One of my favorite things about Mattison......Tony Gibson isn't on his defensive staff.

indeed. and everyone else on his staff has extensive experience in the big leagues around the country, instead of the BigLeast, or some bush league D-II conference in the southeast .

In regards to RVB & Black (and basically every other defensive player on the roster) I'd wait to see how they look under Mattison before identifying any weaknesses. I just don't think there is much of a point to using how they played under GRobinson & RR as a measuring stick.

I always thought RVB was WAY unheralded, as he seemed to be able to get pressure on the QB despite the poor defensive scheme & position he was forced to play. I think it was the Indiana game in '09 (?) where he forced a fumble or a bad throw late & basically won the game for us. He had contributions that weren't measured statistically.

Back