Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MD on National Anthem Protests

Sbee

I don't think you can say it much better than this.

That's your choice, and it's influenced by what you've experienced in this world," Dantonio recalled telling them. "So whether someone salutes, puts their hand over their heart or does something else, everybody has a choice to make."

There are decisions that people have to make and as long as it's done in a peaceful way, this is America," Dantonio said. "That's what the flag stands for. It stands for the freedom to do what you need to do, and that's the beautiful thing about this country.

"At some point in time when the true enemy comes I guess we'll all stand together, but I can't make assumptions for our players on what they've gone through in their lives."

Eh, have to consider yourself pretty lucky to speak your mind (however ridiculous or unfounded it might be) here, Youll be a castoff or dead in the 3rd world countries ive been to by showing how much you hate the country youre born in. Ohhhh, how cute krapperfuck finally donated money to blacks after he was ridiculed by the media. Way too much media on the whole krapperdong thing but he needs to realize wearing a fidel castro shirt and preaching oppression makes him look like a fucking retard and puts any sort of credibility he thinks he has into question.

Some think its sooo bad here but dont realize this is the most diverse country in the world and we are WAY MORE accepting of "difference" than other countries, NOT EVEN FUCKING CLOSE!!!!!!!!! Why is Dantonio being brought into this shit charade in the first place? We need to win football games and thats whats hes paid to do.

side note:

I saw a Reagan/Bush 84 shirt today (in Chicago), that was a rare bird, seldom seen here. I hope he made it out of Chicago alive.

This isnt directed at you Sbee because i think youre a fantastic guy so Ill qualify myself. Sick of the krapperfuck "issue". It should have been a 10 second report on CBS then over.

Last edited:
MD addressed a direct question in the post game presser about Delton Williams, Gabe Sherrod, and Kenny Lyke raising a fist during the anthem. I just think that his response was as good as you can get, he didn't come out and say that he feels the exact same way as they do, but that he respects their perspective based on their completely different life experiences. He also said that the great thing about this country is that they have the freedom to dissent and that's what the flag means to him, a symbol of the rights that he had.

I don't have any problem with what MD said but I do have a problem with players raising their right fists during the anthem, or at any other time. That's a racist gesture signalling the racist black power movement. I think even the gesture of taking a knee is misguided and based on a false narrative, but presumably, it's genuine and not necessarily divisive. Raising the fist is undeniably divisive and counter-productive to the issues they're protesting - whether they're real or perceived.

Last edited:
I saw a Reagan/Bush 84 shirt today (in Chicago), that was a rare bird, seldom seen here.

That's a rare bird, seldom seen anywhere.

32 years old, it's a wonder the thing hasn't fallen apart in the wash.

Probably doesn't get worn much.

I don't think you can say it much better than this.

That's your choice, and it's influenced by what you've experienced in this world," Dantonio recalled telling them. "So whether someone salutes, puts their hand over their heart or does something else, everybody has a choice to make."

There are decisions that people have to make and as long as it's done in a peaceful way, this is America," Dantonio said. "That's what the flag stands for. It stands for the freedom to do what you need to do, and that's the beautiful thing about this country.

"At some point in time when the true enemy comes I guess we'll all stand together, but I can't make assumptions for our players on what they've gone through in their lives."

The problem I have with it was initially done to bring awareness which we already were aware. So I don't see that point. I heard of one football player meeting with a police commissioner. I don't mind this because he's trying to take some action and fix a problem.

It's the ones who kneel or fist pump but do absolutely nothing else that I disagree with.

I always notice no one did this when Chicago blacks are killing other Chicago blacks at a fast pace. More cities as well..

And lastly, I watch football to relax. Not to have announcers talk about it ad nauseam. If they want to do something, help change things there are better ways to do..

The problem I have with it was initially done to bring awareness which we already were aware. So I don't see that point. I heard of one football player meeting with a police commissioner. I don't mind this because he's trying to take some action and fix a problem.

It's the ones who kneel or fist pump but do absolutely nothing else that I disagree with.

I always notice no one did this when Chicago blacks are killing other Chicago blacks at a fast pace. More cities as well..

And lastly, I watch football to relax. Not to have announcers talk about it ad nauseam. If they want to do something, help change things there are better ways to do..

your last statement is very ironic considering you have a quote from Muhammad Ali as your signature.

Eh, a bla bla bla bla bla...

side note:

I saw a Reagan/Bush 84 shirt today (in Chicago), that was a rare bird, seldom seen here. I hope he made it out of Chicago alive.

I guarantee nothing happened to him.

the only type of person in Chicago who would even mention the shirt would be some other dumbass Republican like spartanhack, who would be all like "great shirt, bro" before they both started bitching about how "persecuted" they felt by the "PC culture here." while everyone else walked by oblivious.

In case you were wondering, this is the point in your post where you should have shut up.

says the boards resident race baiting racist idiot. I'll let you know when I'm interested in your advice. You should try holding your breath until I ask.

I guarantee nothing happened to him.

People like me are too sissie-ish to confront people in person. We have not balls so we do our bullying on the internet, from the safety of our keyboards, mostly in our moms' basements.

fixed it for you. And for the record, I don't feel persecuted by PC social justice warriors like you. I have yet to meet one that isn't an idiot and easily pimp-slapped into place by facts and reality.

Last edited:
sissie-ish. nice word. at what age would you say your vocabularly was developed? 7? 8?

"We have not balls so..." this part is just weird.

Yes, spartanracist, it's true. The sissie-ish among us have not balls, so we can only bully super-manly & tough Reagan/Bush '84 t-shirt wearers on the internets, not in person. In person they might use trickle down economics on us. or threaten us with Daddy's credit card.

sissie-ish. nice word. at what age would you say your vocabularly was developed? 7? 8?

Yes, spartanracist, it's true. The sissie-ish among us have not balls, so we can only bully super-manly & tough Reagan/Bush '84 t-shirt wearers on the internets, not in person. In person they might use trickle down economics on us. or threaten us with Daddy's credit card.

appropos of this thread... saw my first "open carry retard" last week.

older guy in his 60's, wearing a harley davidson shirt, with a pistol in a hip holster, carrying a little toy dog. I discretely took a pic of him.

If you're that afraid of crime you need to pack heat everywhere you go, maybe don't bring your little yappy dog with you? I can't even begin to understand the sort of world where this makes sense...

Oh and we were in a commerical part of a reasonably nice part of town, with lots of people out eating lunch. just the kind of place you need a gun right?

well, it is easier to tease someone for having a "yappy dog" from behind a keyboard vs discretely taking a picture of him ;)

I texted the pic to some of my liberal buddies in Chicago, and they said "oh you're so brave. we saw a guy wearing a Reagan/Bush shirt the other day, but were too sissy to say anything to him because he was so manly and strong ."

what exactly is so weird about saying gutless social justice warriors have no balls? it's a pretty common term - certainly more well known than the protest practice of pie-ing political figures.

But I guess you got me with the last paragraph - trickle down economics and daddy's credit card aren't nearly as menacing as collectivism and the government welfare leviathan. Talk about weird - on what planet does that make any sense? I know I said you were getting better at this every day, but you still need a lot of practice.

Back